Team/Programme: Internal Audit
Contract Length: July 2017
CHILD SAFEGUARDING: Level 1- The positionholder will not have contact with children and/or young people,or access to personal data about children or young people,as part of their work.
- Develop an annual audit work plan for Emergency Project using an appropriate risk-based methodology, including any risks or control concerns or compliance issues identified by CO, SCI, and Donors.
- Execute internal audit as per Annual Audit Plan. This covers internal audit of departments, cluster, PNGO. Draft report and provide to line manager for review. Complete assignment on timely.
- Give advisory service to emergency team, if required.
- Present high risk issues to RTL timely
- Execute compliance check with the donor requirement as per donor agreement for emergency project.
- Review SCI policies and procedure for compliance
- Evaluate policies and procedures and recommend to RTL, if necessary.
- Evaluate key systems for effective internal checks and procedures for safeguarding Save the Children assets and also identifies and analyses causes of uneconomic and inefficient practices in assigned areas of responsibility. Assesses alternatives, which might yield desired results.
- Lead or participate in an investigation, if required
- Ensures that accepted accounting and audit principles and policies are followed, and evaluates the adequacy and effectiveness of internal accounting procedures and operating systems and controls and recommends for better systems through conducting periodic audits.
- Maintain high level of confidentiality
- Provide suggestion to line manager for improvement of internal audit strategy and methodology.
- Complete documentation both hard copy and soft copy after each assignment.
- Upload final report to e-library
- The recommendation should be practical and useful for system strengthening.
- Monitor follow up activity, update Follow up Tracker Sheet
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- 3 years* of post-qualification experience(2 years for GSI group*)
- Good planning,organizing,coordination and monitoring skills
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks,short deadlines and intense pressure
- Proficiency in MS Office and in the Nepali & English languages