TEAM/PROGRAMME: Global Fund – TB Program
Contract Length: Till March 2018
LOCATION: National Tuberculosis Center, Thimi, Bhaktapur
Child Safeguarding: Level 3 - the responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people
Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfill their potential. We work together, with our partners from civil societies and government, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. We reached approximately two million populations and invested over 29 million US dollars in 2012 to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in Health, Nutrition, Education, Protection and Child Rights and Governance, Livelihood, HIV and AIDS, TB and Malaria and Humanitarian crises.
The primary responsibility of the Information Technology and Database Officer - TB will be to lead the database and information technology related services to the NTC Program Management Unit. S/He will also provide on-the job training and efficient IT support to staff and orient them on basic computer troubleshooting. The position holder will work under the direct supervision of the M&E Specialist– Global Fund of NTC and in close coordination with Focal Person at NTC.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Manage the Program M&E database. Periodically analyze and disseminate periodic reports to program staff and other stakeholders.
- Ensure all required data/information are entered accurately, completely and timely in system.
- Clean up, transform, validate data with the purpose of understanding and making inferences for decision making by program staff.
- Manipulation and presentation of data in tables, charts, graphs and designing relational databases for collecting data.
- Perform data quality assurance procedures to ensure that data is complete, accurate and can be relied upon for decision making.
- Work closely with IT officer for trouble shooting online/offline database & ensure online databases are functional at all levels.
- Closely work with other EDPs/donors & government agencies for the development, update of database.
- Provide information on the status of achievement of performance indicators for purposes of preparing the Progress Updates and Annual Reports.
- Flag data gaps to program staff and recommend ways and means to bridge the gaps.
- Provide guidance to program staff on now to access health information.
- Monitor and provide installation, maintenance and troubleshooting services in a multi-user computer network system. This includes workstations connected to the LAN, computer peripherals, network printers, UPS's, switch, router, firewall and any other hardware machinery directly involved in the network configuration.
- Ensure smooth functioning of electronic communication facilities such as Eâ€mail, Internet/Intranet and keep the system infrastructure stable and running condition ensuring maximum uptime of the system.
- Administer the electronic communication and enhance cost effectiveness of communications using Wireless, VPN, VSAT or other innovative and affordable technologies.
- Monitor the performance of the network (LAN & WAN) and troubleshoot all areas including cables, and other media linked to the network. This includes ensuring control of access to IT equipment, and data security.
- Ensure national database system is established and functioning in TB program
- Provide tailor-made in-house training courses to Staff.
- Maintain oversight on inventory of IT equipment both software and hardware and ensure that maintenance of the inventory is carried out in a timely manner. This involves assisting the office in preparation and administration of maintenance agreements and supervising the condition of the equipment in use.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor degree in Information Technology or Computer Science or Statistics.
- At least 3 years IT related experience in an organisation with a large computer network system and in data management, analysis and interpretation.
- Proficient in MS Office applications, statistical packages, databases and knowledge of statistical methods.
- Experience in managing the server LAN environment, electronic mail system, maintenance and administration of computer networks and equipment.
- Ability to install, maintain, troubleshoot computer network, server and client systems.
- Sound knowledge of overall system, network design and operating principles of windows based computer operating system.
- Ability to analyze IT needs and skills for computerization of routine tasks and train professionals as well as nonâ€technical users.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare technical requirements and reports on IT issues.
- Experience in maintenance, troubleshooting of computer network, server and client systems.
- Good knowledge of client server, Windows 2000 Professional/XP, Windows 2000/2003 Server/ SQL & JAVA / HTML
- Administration, network security; and installation and configuration of Linux firewalls.
- Technical expertise in Ethernet networks configuration, TCP/IP, IP addressing, and structured cabling skills.