SSBH is recruiting new team members to plan, manage and deliver technical and material support for the Government of Nepal’s (GoN) response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Position No.: 1
Location: Surkhet, Karnali Province
Supervisor: Health Emergency Response Manager
Under the supervision of the Health Emergency Response Manager, the Information Systems and Reporting Officer will be responsible for supporting provincial Ministries of Social Development and Provincial Health Emergency Operation Centers to streamline and compile COVID-19 and vaccine related information and to prepare periodic reports.
Specific duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Provide technical support to the provincial Ministry of Social Development and Health Emergency Operation Center to ensure that information management is coordinated and consistent with national standards and practices.
- Support to coordinate and manage surveillance-related activities and programs, within the context of the COVID-19 and health emergency program at the province level.
- Support and participate in collecting, cleaning, managing, and analyzing and reporting of COVID-19 and vaccine-related information.
- Ensuring accurate and up-to-date information is maintained for COVID-19, vaccine, and the data generated through field activities is updated on a daily basis.
- Regularly scan the media for municipal, provincial, national, and global COVID-19 updates and support to prepare periodic situation report.
- Support MoSD by abstracting COVID-19 and other relevant data using DHIS2 platform in order to monitor and analyze the situation. Synthesize the information and share it to Government counterparts and Activity team on regular basis.
- Participate in meeting webinars as relevant and contribute to promote information collection, use and sharing.
- Engage in any reporting, evidence generation/sharing and learning activities related to COVID -19 and emergency response as per need and in close consultation with the supervisor.
Qualification requirements include the following:
- Bachelor degree in public health, health statistics or a related field.
- At least four years of related professional experience; knowledge of DHIS2 required.
- Ability and willingness to work/travel in remote areas within short notice in the context of COVID-19
- Strong networking and team mobilization skills.
- Computer skills, including effective working skills in remote conditions
- Excellent written/oral skills in Nepali and English
- Understanding of the Nepal health system, networks and working in the context of a health emergency; emergency response experience preferred
- Qualified applicants who are from and/or currently working in the Karnali Province and Banke, Bardia, Dang, Kapilbastu, Rupandehi and Nawalparasi West will be given preference.
SSBH is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender and culture. Individuals from minority groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further selection process. Canvassing at any stage of the processes shall lead to automatic disqualification.