Under the direct supervision of the Executive Director, the Human Resource Officer is responsible for the transparent implementation of HR strategies in the Shechen Karuna office. She/he will be part of the team that will develop, analyze, interpret and apply Human Resource policies, rules and regulations, establish internal procedures, formulate new HR programs, and provide innovative solutions to a wide spectrum of complex HR issues. The HR Office will promote a collaborative, staff-oriented approach and contribute to the maintenance of high staff morale.
Role Responsibilities & Task
Human Resource Management
- Developing and overseeing the implementation of the existing SK Nepal HR policies, systems and procedures.
- Ensure that Shechen Karuna Nepal HR policies are used in a consistent manner and in line with national legislation and good practices.
- Ensure effective follow up of HR issues with the SK Management team, and represent HR matters in Management meetings, during proposal development, and policy reviews.
- Stay updated about labor laws, regulations, policies and practices for possible adjustment of and amendments to SK policies and regulations.
- Create synergies between the HR and Admin units, other units, and field offices.
- Review, monitor and ensure the implementation of key HR-related policies and procedures such as the Performance Review Process and staff capacity building to strengthen staff performance.
- Maintain and update HR related files and records, both in hard copies and e-copies; ensure full confidentiality of the same.
- Update the following HR records in a timely manner- staff list (including interns, consultants, volunteers, casual staff, etc.), HR dates tracker, Recruitment tracker, L&D Tracker, Leave plan and utilization, Performance Management Tracker, Travel Tracker, and others as relevant.
- Based on the trackers mentioned above, inform Relevant Manager to take appropriate action. For example: contract renewal, probation completion, leave utilization circulation, etc.
- Support the new staff onboarding process by arranging and scheduling their induction, orientation, and logistics.
- Coordinate with insurance company for accidental, medical and other insurance of staff.
- Process all staff identity card as and when required.
- Draft vacancy adverts and coordinate with relevant agencies for vacancy advertisement.
- Prepare a long list of advertised positions and submit (as requested) for further action.
- Inform the Admin Unit for all logistic arrangements required for the selection procedures.
- Prepare attendance sheets for each recruitment and selection process and ensure that they are signed and filed.
- File all documents related to the recruitment process from start to finish.
- Prepare process reports for all recruitments.
Contract and letters administration:
- Prepare short term support, trainee, consultant, and honorarium contracts and internship agreement once approved by the Executive Director based on terms of reference and resume provided.
- Prepare staff contracts during contract renewal or as and when required.
- Prepare HR related letters as and when directed.
- Facilitate the medical, accidental and other insurance process in coordination with insurance company and concerned SK team and ensure that the policy is effective from the first day of joining for new hires.
- Monitor the HR dates trackers including but not limited to contract period, probation period, insurance renewal dates and other relevant dates, and ensure that the concerned personal (as relevant) are aware of these dates in advance.
- Monitor the Leave Management System on weekly basis and liaise with other team in case of any problems with the system.
- Monitor day to day HR related operations to ensure that work is being done effectively and efficiently.
- Support in minuting/note-taking and documentation of meetings/forums under the mandate of HR department.
- Prepare monthly/quarterly/annual leave reports for all departments in coordination with line manager and send to relevant unit and department heads.
- Prepare quarterly and Annual HR Report.
6. Capacity development
- Provide support in the organization of staff capacity development initiatives
- Timely update information relating to SK staff training (National/International) in the Annual Training calendar.
- Provide administrative and program support in organization, if required.
- Any other official tasks as assigned by ED.
- Experienced Required: 4 years in relevant field.
- Work station: Shechen Karuna Office, Kathmandu
- Offered Salary: Basic starting from 50,000 and with other fringe and benfits as per labor law and HR policy of organization
- Appointment date: Expected to join from 01 December 2022
- Contract duration: Regular position, with annual renewal basis January to December yearly
Professional Skills Required:
Interpersonal, Counselling, Leadership, Communication, Time Management, Presentation
- Master’s degree in Management with specialization or formal training in Human Resources Management
- Good communication and listening skills
- Strong interest in people and interpersonal relations
- Interest in development and personal growth in staff
- Good presentation skills
- Strong in both, verbal and written communication – good listener
- Good time management and ability to multi-task
- Fluent in English and local language
- Computer skills and proficiency in MS-office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint
This job has expired.