Job Title: Hospital Pharmacy In-charge/Manager
Department: Retail Store Operations
Industry: Smart Clinic and Retail Pharmacy Chain
Reports To: Pharmacy Area Manager
Duty: 8 hours
Shift: Morning, Day & Night
As a Hospital Pharmacy In-charge/Manager, you will be responsible for driving sales, ensuring exceptional customer service, and maintaining operational efficiency across the retail pharmacy cluster. This is a dynamic role that requires strong leadership, excellent organizational skills, and a deep understanding of the retail pharmacy industry.
Roles and responsibilities:
1. Operational Management:
2. Sales and Customer Service:
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of multiple retail pharmacy locations within the assigned cluster.
- Ensure adherence to company policies, standard operating procedures (SOPs), and regulatory requirements.
- Monitor inventory levels, coordinate replenishment, and optimize stock levels across the cluster.
- Collaborate with the supply chain team to ensure timely delivery of products and manage inventory replenishment.
- Implement and maintain visual merchandising standards to enhance the customer shopping experience.
- Regularly review and analyze key performance indicators (KPIs) to identify areas for improvement and develop action plans accordingly.
- Conduct regular store visits to assess operational standards, provide feedback, and address any issues or concerns.
- Daily meetings with Doctors and the Hospital team for regular updates on the pharmaceutical products
- Maintaining the department-wise list of medical items.
- Making sure that the company assets are being utilized to the fullest.
- Any repair & maintenance jobs identify and actioned.
- Timely opening & closing of stores.
3. Team Management and Development:
- Drive sales growth by implementing effective sales strategies, promotional activities, and upselling techniques.
- Ensure consistent delivery of exceptional customer service across all retail pharmacy locations.
- Train and develop store staff to deliver a high level of customer care and product knowledge.
- Monitor customer feedback and take appropriate actions to address customer concerns or complaints promptly.
- Stay updated on market trends, competitor activities, and customer preferences to capitalize on business opportunities.
4. Financial Management:
- Recruit, train, and onboard shift in-charges and other staff members
- Provide leadership, guidance, and coaching to shift in-charges and other staff to drive performance and achieve sales targets.
- Conduct regular performance evaluations, set performance goals, and provide feedback to individual team members.
- Approve time offs and monitor staff’s daily attendance.
- Plan & implement staff duty roster for across the cluster.
- Identify training and development needs, coordinate training programs, and ensure continuous skill enhancement of the shift in-charges.
- Foster a positive work environment that encourages teamwork, collaboration, and employee engagement.
5. Non-Negotiable Working Standards:
- Manage annual budgets for the retail pharmacy cluster, ensuring profitability and cost control.
- Analyze financial reports, sales data, and expenses to identify areas for improvement and cost- saving opportunities.
- Monitor and control store expenses, including labor costs, supplies, and operational expenditures.
- Collaborate with the finance team to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting.
- Cash management of daily transactions across the stores.
- Safekeeping of controlled drugs
- The Health, Safety & Security of stocks and staff should never be compromised.
- Safety of sellable & non-sellable items
- Wrongfully dispensing medicines
- Dispensing expired medicines
Note: Male Candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- 2-5 years of experience in retail pharmacy
- Diploma/bachelor’s in pharmacy.
- Registered in NPC
- Proven experience patient counselling and medicine dispensing
- Knowledge of inventory management
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Exposure in the hospital pharmacy sections of OT/ICU/NICU/OPD/IPD will be given more priority.