SSBH is recruiting new team members to plan, manage and
deliver technical and material support for the Government of Nepal’s
(GoN) response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
No of positions: 1
Reporting to: Senior Technical Advisor
Location: Epidemiology and Disease Control Division, Kathmandu
Under the supervision of the Director of Epidemiology and Disease Control Division (EDCD) or his/her designate, the Information Systems and Reporting Officers will be responsible for supporting the EDCD team to support in national-level activities to improved surveillance of COVID-19 and other infectious diseases, contribute to develop guidelines and protocols put forth by EDCD, and provide on-site technical support on surveillance of diseases. He/she will also be mobilized to areas as assigned by the Activity and EDCD to support Health Offices, COVID-19 Crisis Management Centers at national level and district level and Municipalities with high case load to effectively implement case identification, contact tracing and tracking based on the national and provincial protocols and guidelines. The person will work at EDCD on regular basis and will periodically visit SSBH office. He/she might occasionally need to travel to assigned field locations (about 15% of time).
Specific duties and responsibilities include the following:
Provide technical support to EDCD for hands on support for disease surveillance and case investigation and contact tracing based on national and provincial protocols and guidelines. Some illustrative examples of technical support will be, but not limited to;
- Fill the proper case investigation form of suspected, probable, and confirmed COVID-19 cases and prepare line listing.
- Provide appropriate information and advice for self-quarantine to all the listed contacts
- Provide facilitation support to districts and municipalities in developing strategies and implementing for managing social distance, quarantine sites and isolation centers.
- Ensure surveillance related information are collected timely, accurate, recorded & reported properly, and submit to concerned authorities
- Participate in disease surveillance related events (e.g. trainings, meetings) either virtually or in person and provide necessary technical support
- Coordinate with HEOC and other divisions and centers under the Ministry of Health and Population
- Assist EDCD for formulating COVID-19 related surveillance, epidemiology and outbreak response guidelines, protocols, standard operating procedures, surveys and monitoring systems for detection, verification, and response to public health
- Assist EDCD to develop COVID-19 related modules and training materials and conduct training, orientation, coaching and supportive supervision at national and sub-national level
- Attend technical and program update meetings when required and support in the preparation of contents for such meetings
- Contribute to the design and implementation of field assessment activities related to surveillance, epidemiological and outbreak response
Provide technical support to assigned districts and municipalities for disease surveillance activities. Some illustrative examples of technical support will be, but not limited to;
- Conducting situation analyses and identification of most vulnerable and high-risk population and communities for disease transmission
- Undertaking monitoring, reporting, verification, and investigation of events/incidents associated with COVID-19 and other issues with potential public health
- Coordination with the MoSD, PHEOC and other stakeholders.
Carry out other COVID-19 and other emerging infectious diseases related assignment as required by EDCD and the Activity
Qualification requirements include the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Medicine (MBBS) with registration with relevant professional council
- At least four years of experience and understanding of disease surveillance and/or experience in health emergency response preferred.
- Knowledge of COVID-19 situation, guidelines, protocols, and response systems/mechanisms
- Ability and willingness to work/travel in remote areas within short notice in the context of COVID-19
- Understanding of the Nepal health system, networks and working in the context of a health emergency
- Qualified consultants who are from and/or currently working in the Karnali Province and Banke, Bardia, Dang, Kapilbastu, Rupandehi and Nawalparasi West will be given preference.
SSBH is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of
gender and culture. Individuals from minority groups and persons with
disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. Only the shortlisted
candidates will be contacted for further selection process. Canvassing
at any stage of the processes shall lead to automatic disqualification.