The Head of Engineering shall lead over Front-end and Back-end development teams and will report directly to the Director of Engineering. He/she shall be responsible for driving the vision, design, strategy, and implementation of our core technologies in order to support our business. The HoE coordinates development teams and collaborates with other business departments in order to develop new software and support existing ones. The Head of Engineering is a person with strong leadership skills who also must have a strong vision for the Engineering department. He/she promotes the best organizational patterns and practices. He tackles high-level challenges and balances quality software with speed. He is responsible for feature deployment, the stability of the business’s core platform stability, and the overall quality of the business’s web architecture.
Supervision and Leadership:
- The Head of Engineering plays a leadership role in the engineering department where he seeks excellence in all engineering disciplines inclusive of data processing, quality assurance, application development, analytics, machine learning, algorithms, and data warehousing. The Head of Engineering manages the day-to-day activities of the engineering teams as well as the management and execution of site/software development projects against delivery commitments and project plans. The Head of Engineering is also in charge of the management of the department’s staffing, resources, and mentoring, and maintaining a best-in-class engineering department. He takes the lead with a profound understanding of new and relevant technologies for the purpose of realizing efficiency. He ensures the optimal application of engineering resources in order to meet product development and consumer requirements and ensures the implementation of agile processes that support site/software development processes.
- The Head of Engineering also plays a leading engineering role within the department where he is tasked with the planning, management, execution and implementation of site/software projects, inclusive of the day-to-day project management, scope management, issue and risk management, as well as regular status reporting. In this capacity, the Head of Engineering develops strategic plans with regard to the technical development of sites/software and establishes the business’s technical vision that guides all aspects of technological development. He also oversees the strategic deployment of the departmental resources leading to optimal resource allocation and the smooth and successful development of sites/software. The Head of Engineering, at this capacity, is responsible for the overall system development life-cycle.
Collaboration and Support:
- The role of the Head of Engineering is also a highly
collaborative one. The Head of Engineering will work closely with senior
engineering teams in the management and development of strategic planning. He
will also work closely with the user experience teams in designing, developing, and
deploying technologies that will lead to increased consumer satisfaction.
- The Head of Engineering stays abreast of leading and cutting-edge
technologies and industry best practices. He absorbs relevant and suitable
technology based on the projected benefits to the engineering development
- The Head of Engineering performs similar duties as he deems
necessary for the proper execution of his duties and duties as delegated by the
Director of Engineering, CTO and other executive directors.
- A focus in business (entrepreneurial mindset) is preferred but not required