Post title: GESI Expert/Project Coordinator
Reports to: Executive Director
Office Station: Kathmandu, Nepal
Travel required: Frequent field visits
Duration: 1 Year (High Possibility of Extension)
Probation period: 3 months
Saathi is a non-governmental organization established 30 years ago to advance the rights of women and girls. We strive to ensure safety, security and empowerment of the women and children faced with violence. Though inclusive advocacy, community awareness and empowerment of underprivileged and marginalized of women and children, we aim to creating a safe, just and violence-free society where they can live with respect and dignity.
The programs implemented by Saathi reinforces our organizational values such as gender and social inclusion, integrity, accountability, transparency, cooperation and collaboration aimed at contributing to the greater movement of Gender Equality and Women’s empowerment (GEWE) in the country.
Saathi is seeking a candidate who has experience of in gender mainstreaming across organizational policies, programs and practices, strong understanding and knowledge of gender transformation approach, gender and intersectionality, gender responsive and transformative approaches among approaches related to gender and social inclusion.
Saathi has been selected as one of the technical partners within CSO-Strengthening program funded by Swiss Government (SIDA) and to be implemented under the auspices of Save the Children in Nepal. This is a five-year program that aims to build capacity of the civil society organizations (CSOs).
- Conduct gender analysis/ intersectional gender analysis
- Develop a check list to address the gap in GESI integration in the organizations
- Develop GESI Audit tools in the organizational setting
- Conduct GESI Audit of the Civils society organizations involved in this program
- Deliver capacity building sessions on GESI
- Facilitate gender transformative and inclusion sessions that will lead into functional policies, practices, systems, and budgeting that addresses the root causes of the existing inequalities in the governance structure of CSOs.
- Ensure the organizational strategies of the CSOs entails gender equality and transform gender norms,
- Support CSOs to develop/elaborate their advocacy strategy and carry advocacy initiatives for inclusive, gender-transformative policies, practices, systems, and budgets for children's rights.
- Actively participate in cross-learning platform that is formed amongst the SIDA project partners and lead the technical sessions/discussions
- Be responsible for preparing report and reporting as per the requirements.
Experience and Qualification
- University degree in gender studies, development studies, human rights, social sciences, sociology or another related field.
- At least 8-12 years of technical experience of working in GESI areas, specially GESI integration in program planning, design, implementation and MEAL (Monitoring, Evaluation and Accountability and Learning)
- Strong knowledge and practical experience of gender-transformative approaches and, gender and intersectionality, gender inclusion and exclusion approaches, including experience in supporting GESI responsive & transformative designs, related mainstreaming strategies and activities in the organizational governance process.
- Experience leading GESI analysis/intersectional gender analysis (including gender LGBTIQA and disability analysis) to inform design and to support GESI-Responsive monitoring and evaluation.
- Experience of conducting qualitative and quantitative gender research methods
- Experience of design, development and implementation of such methods, approaches, and conceptual research frameworks with GESI in focus.
- Excellent communication skills including interpersonal, writing and presentation.
- Experience in GESI mainstreaming in organization development context is highly desirable
- Excellent English and Nepali language skills for communication and writing.
This job has expired.