Gender equity and social inclusion are the guiding principles of this activity. The GESI Advisor will work closely with the Chief of Party, Deputy Chief of Party, as well as the Director of Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) to ensure that principles of gender equality and social inclusion are integrated into all aspects of project design and implementation. They will provide programmatic and technical support to the project team, government counterparts, and other stakeholders on effective integration of GESI considerations. They will work closely with project staff to ensure integration of GESI elements in the MEL plan. The GESI Advisor will also provide necessary guidance related to GESI mainstreaming within the project’s internal operations and processes, including in recruitment and HR policies.
- Provide GESI technical guidance related to the project’s objectives to the CoP, DCoP, Director of Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning, and other key technical staff.
- Lead and/or collaborate with a headquarters-based Gender/GESI Specialist as well as the Research and Evaluation team to conduct a GESI analysis at the beginning of the project, leading to a project GESI strategy.
- Support the COP and DCOP to oversee the integration of GESI activities into the project work plan and M&E plan and adjust activities to be responsive to GESI issues identified during the GESI analysis.
- Provide technical guidance across the various components of the project to ensure GESI integration in project interventions and trainings.
- Support the MEL Director to track and report against GESI-related indicators and disaggregating data appropriately to analyze results within each project component (intermediate result).
- In collaboration with the MEL Director, conduct annual GESI assessments to measure progress and adjust and/or refine project activities.
- In collaboration with a headquarters-based Gender/GESI Specialist (if needed), mentor and train project staff, partners, and stakeholders, including Ministry of Education officials, on GESI integration and mainstreaming issues, tools, policies, and practices as relate to project objectives.
- Prepare and deliver training content on gender- and socially inclusive pedagogy and curricula as well as safe school methodologies to prevent and reduce school-related gender-based violence.
- Support technical project staff to ensure that training materials and participant engagement are gender- and social inclusion-sensitive.
- Provide technical support to education system stakeholders on the quality implementation of gender- and socially inclusive pedagogy and safe school methodologies.
- Provide overarching GESI technical support to project stakeholders, including advising and supporting partners to integrate GESI considerations into activities.
- Review and provide technical feedback on results and project reports required by funders to ensure quality and full compliance with donor GESI policies and progress toward achieving GESI integration in the project.
- Develop tools, frameworks, and resources to enable better GESI integration in the project.
- Identify successful practices in the project that can be showcased in publications, communication materials, and conferences.
- Prepare communications materials that highlight the project’s GESI programming, successes, and lessons learned.