Job Code: GSO
Designation: GEDSI and Safeguarding Officer
Reports to: Project Coordinator and Province Manager
Requirements and Qualifications
- At least Bachelor's degree in Gender Studies, Social Science, Rural Development, Development Studies or equivalent
- At least 3 years’ experience as GEDSI /safeguarding officer in regular development projects and humanitarian projects is highly preferred; a strong interest and understanding in gender, safeguarding disability and social changes issues in communities; an ability to involve men, women, children, PWD and others across all groups in achieving change in communities; proven experience or interest in organizing and facilitating trainings; positive attitude and willingness to learn; willing to work within a diverse team, different communities and independently.
- Previous experience in roles that involve promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion, or experience in roles where understanding and addressing social issues is important.
- Demonstrated knowledge of GEDSI issues, understanding of cultural competency, and awareness of relevant laws and regulations.
- Strong communication skills to effectively engage with diverse groups of people and convey the importance of GEDSI principles.
- Capacity to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams and external stakeholders to foster a culture of inclusion.
- Knowledge on ICT and its functionalities including the use of mobile based tools for data collection, analyses and visualization and hands for a good write ups”
- Excellent presentation skills with good command both in English and Nepali
- Experience in report writing both in English and Nepali in specific and proper documentation of them.
- Bearing the challenges and complexities they may come during the project period
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong networking and coordination skills
- Two wheeler driving licence will add an advantage.
- Local residents will be given more preference.
Click the link below for the full Job Description
Please note: Positions are either field-based or involve extensive travel to villages / rural areas where living conditions are minimal. Only those willing to travel and committed to serving the communities in rural settings need to apply.
Caritas is an equal-opportunity employer and encourages women/members of marginalized communities / disadvantaged groups to apply.
Caritas Nepal promotes its principles, strategies, policies, and procedures on Safeguarding (including Child Safeguarding and Protection from Sexual, Exploitation and Abuse), Safety and security and all applicants must adhere to Caritas Nepal’s key policies and procedures.