Department: Flight Safety
Flight Safety Manager is responsible for the administration of the company Safety Management System (SMS) program and functions. This position monitors safety issues, provides safety education, investigates incidents and accidents, acts as a resident expert on safety matters, helps to develop loss control standards, and makes recommendations to improve safety in the workplace.
- Ensures that safety program elements are carried out.
- Review all hazards; receive all safety forms - feedback or reports evaluate with management. Makes recommendations to correct/prevent identified safety issues. Implementation corrective or preventative action as needed or required.
- Monitors corrective/preventive actions as necessary.
- Monitors compliance with applicable regulatory safety standards.
- Monitors trends in reporting system and accident and incident reports.
- Provides regular reports to management on program status and compliance.
- Works with the Flight department and Maintenance Department, Chief Pilot and department heads.
- Monitor / review data from the reported issues for high risk areas.
- Review reoccurring risk(s). Adjust operational risk profile accordingly.
- Conduct or distribute the internal evaluation audit (IEP). Review IEP audits for any corrective action or possible trends developing. If required complete the risk analysis on findings and concerns to find / address the root cause. Advise company personnel on implementing the corrective action. Issue a follow up date for any item or event that needs corrective action.
- Review reported issues' performance, evaluate with management, and direct required action as advised by Director of Ops, Chief Pilot or Safety Officer for Flight or Maintenance.
- Follow up / monitor / review all hazards (and or reports) as necessary. Implementation corrective action due to the severity or as required.
Offered Salary: As per the company rule