Position: Finance Officer (FO)
Organization Name: Human and National Development Society (HANDS) Nepal
Duty Station: Kamalamai Municipality-06, Sindhuli Field Office.
Working area: Sindhuli District
Contract type: Fix term regular staff
Deadline: 06,January 2022
Project Name: Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) Project
No.of vacancy: 1
- Bachelor degree in business management, At least 3 years’ experience in managing finance function, Experience in dealing with audit, tax related matters and issues
- Prepare detail implementation project (DIP) budget according to project proposal.
- Prepare periodic project budget and its revision with coordination of project team and donor organizations
- Ensures that the supporting documents attached to vouchers are accurate, valid and that complies with the tax, contract and other law of Nepal
- Ensure all payment documents/vouchers are properly filed, numbered and located safely with correct labelling
- Ensure all payment requests are correctly reviewed in accordance to available budget/ account line and other relevant documents.
- Ensure full compliance of income tax act, rules and related directives, Plan financial guideline, internal control system and donors requirements.
- Comply with donors requirements of projects effectively
- Follow and ensure that working and staff advances are settled timely
- Prepare the bank reconciliation statement, income and expenditure accounts, trial balance and balance sheet
- Manage to prepare staff payroll and tax calculation on salary
- Manage the preparation of the monthly financial reports and variance reports on time
- Prepare of the quarterly and annual financial reports and budgets to donors and SWC/ government authorities if needed
- Assists project team on other works as per need in financial management and administration
- Assists project team in doing all necessary arrangements for the undertaking of the annual audit
- Provide inputs to management on financial matter, make aware project team on financial requirement and supporting documents
- Carries procurement process in accordance with donor compliances and Plan’s financial guideline to partners
- Prepares CANVAS sheet, decision memo and purchase orders for procuring goods/services and submits it to Project head
- Regular follow up with vendors to ensure the vendors collect their payments on time and obtaining receipt acknowledgement after payments to suppliers and partners on all the bank-to-bank transfers
- Maintains personal files, staff leave record, attendance register, timesheet, reconciliations, fixed asset registers, stationary stock register, vendor roster, purchasing files, agreement files, incoming/outgoing register etc
- Manage logistic support (hotel booking, air ticketing, vehicle, hiring etc.) to all staffs and interns
- Coordinates with service providers and arrange hotel and transport facilities as per requirements.
- Carries out general shared office related works, such as receiving guests, arranging training etc.
- Ensures logistic support to organize organizational events and workshops effectively
- Supports other works as per need of the project as directed by Project Coordinator
- At least 3 years’ experience in managing finance function.
- Hands-on experience in working with INGOs/NGOs
- Experience in dealing with audit, tax related matters and issues.
- Wider perspective of financial and administrative management in developmental organizations
- Work in financial software and spreadsheets
- Analytical & Problem Solving
- Communication/ Listening
- Inter-personal dealing
- Working with team
- Networking/ Documenting
- Report writing skills in English
- Advance computer skills in Word, Excel, and accounting software’s
Interested qualified candidate can apply for the position by visiting HANDS Nepal office (Kamalamai-6,Sindhuli or via email [email protected]. For the more information can contact at 047520967 within office time.