Key Objectives of Position:
- Ensure effective and efficient management and coordinate administrative functions of district in compliance with SLF’s financial policy, standard and procedure.
- Establish effective internal control in the financial management in districts.
- Facilitate district team in integrated financial planning, budgeting and monitoring in accordance financial guideline of SLF.
- Ensure standard record keeping and prepare & submit reports to stakeholders on time.
- Maintain high confidentiality of documents and information and take adequate measures for safety and security of documents, information and other resources.
- Facilitate administrative functions and provide necessary support to district team for smooth operation.
- Working knowledge of Nepal Accounting Standard for Not for Profit Organizations.
- Prepare, examine, and analyze accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Prepare vouchers and enter in the books of accounts after obtaining proper approvals.
- Prepare periodic Trail balance, bank reconciliation, income and expenditures, budget and expense reports for each project.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly financial under appropriate donors and activities.
- Get all payment approved and prepare vouchers compiling supporting documents for auditing.
- Prepare advance request, travel authorization and settlement.
- Comply with local tax laws.
- Proficient in using accounting software.
- Comply with Social Security Fund and Labor Laws requirements.
- Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations, to project future revenues and expenses or to provide advice.
- Keep track of advance payment and clearances.
- Report to management regarding the finances of establishment.
- Establish tables of accounts, and assign entries to proper accounts.
- Maintain, and analyze budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs.
- Prepare Monthly Account reconciliations and Quarterly report electronically.
- Assist in procurement and developing internal control system.
- Maintain keeping inventories of fixed and consumables and physical count.
- Assist District coordinator in budgeting and cash flow projection.
- Monitor project site for internal audit, maintenance of proper books of accounts and fund management by implementing partners.
- Perform other duties as instructed by Supervisors (Program Manager/Officer).
- Minimum of Bachelor Degree in Commerce. Master Degree in related field preferred. Work Experience Requirement:
- Understand development issues.
- Basic knowledge and skills in accounting.
- Completion of 3 years of apprenticeship.
- Experience: 4 years of experience in finance and administration in non-governmental organization or similar organizations.
- Knowledge and experience of 4 years of handling finances and budgets of projects.
Other skills needed:
- Fluent spoken and written English and Nepali language.
- Knowledge and experiences on program strategy development and goal setting.
- Strong conceptual thinking and analytical skills.
- Familiar about international development goals and country strategies.
- Excellent writing, documentation and dissemination skills.
- Strong ability to work in a team and coordinate tasks and responsibilities.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good time management and organizational skills.
- Basic knowledge and skills on research methodology/statistics.
- Ability to speak and write reports in English.
- Competent in the use of computer.
Interested candidates should send their resume and cover letter to [email protected].
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Telephone enquiries will not be entertained.