Length of Contract:1 year contact, renewable subject to available funding
Location: Kathmandu, Nepal
Line Manager: Executive Director / Programme Director
Reports to: Executive Director / Programme Director
The Finance & HR manager is responsible for management, operation, developing and maintaining the AF Nepal’s financial procedure and reporting systems, and for assisting the maintenance of administrative systems. Further, he/she is also responsible for leading an efficient and effective Human Resource Management service and also the implementation and management of the Action for Nepal’s policies with regard to the Financial & HR policy in close coordination with the Executive Director and Programme Director.
- Enter all income and expenditure transactions into accounting system
- Contribute to the preparation of annual organisational and project budgets
- Contribute to the preparation of monthly income and expenditure statements and budget comparison and cash flow reports
- Prepare and enter journal entries and adjustments into the accounting system
- Prepare financial year end schedules, including debtors and creditors, and ensure all accounting requirements, up to and including trial balance, are complete
- Process banking: including deposits and daybook
- Process all Petty Cash reconciliations on a weekly basis, or as required, including issuing cheques to various parties as required
- Process salaries and maintain required records including salary packaging records
- Reconcile salary records and make returns as appropriate
- Establish and maintain Salary Packaging Policy and Procedures for AF Nepal in accordance with Nepal Tax Office and other statutory body requirements
- Conjunction with the Management Team, establish and maintain AF Nepal Financial Policy and Procedures
- Assist with issuing invoices and managing accounts receivable
- Ensure security of monies and other assets held on premises and assist in the development and maintenance of an assets register
- Assist with funding submissions to AF Nepal primary funders, corporate sponsors and
- other donors
- Administration of statutory and private grant records
- Administer and reconcile other tax accounts and make the appropriate return to relevant statutory agencies
- Overseeing and manage the overall HR function and process
- Work closely with the senior team member to get the best performance from the staff
- Developing and administering the Human Resource management system and functioning of the policies within the organisation
- Contribute to planning, development, monitoring of support services, financial management, management of support staff, including co-ordination and delegation of relevant activities
- Undertake other duties as required
Payment Of Suppliers:
Liaise with other staff to:
- Ensure that goods are ordered in accordance with agreed procedures
- Ensure that proper documentation is kept for returns and that credit notes are obtained
- Ensure that payments are correctly authorized
- Ensure that rent, insurance and other periodic payments are made and that proof of payment is obtained
- Check supplier’s statements and deal with queries
- Prepare cheques for signature in accordance with the mandate and with supporting documentation
Monitor Bank Accounts, liaise With Bank:
- Be aware of bank requirements and facilities, signatories, passwords etc.
- Ensure that sufficient funds are available for cash needs.
- Deal with routine correspondence and form filling.
- Monitor bank accounts regularly and reconcile statements monthly.
Draft Accounts, Preparation for Audit, Liaise with Auditors:
- Run year end procedures and prepare all reports relating to the accounts.
- Produce draft accounts and prepare books and documentation for the auditors.
- Liaise with auditors, respond to queries, comment on their draft accounts and ensure that audited accounts are prepared on time.
Use of Computer Equipment & Software:
- Install updates and new software as required.
- Keep equipment in good repair.
Prepare Budgets & Forecasts:
- Assist the Programmes team and other staff to compile an annual budget for AfN operation and its projects.
- Monitor expenditure against budgets and report regularly to the executive director.
Human Resource Management:
- Work in close collaboration with the Executive Director/Line Managers in recruitment and selection of the staff
- Formulate learning and developing plan for staff and implement them including effective induction and training
- Implement and manage effective performance development review process and address that it is carried fairly and that poor performance is addressed properly
- Manage HR functions like handling grievances, maintain positive environment and manage conflict as an when required as per AfN policies
- Manage Payroll and ensure payrolls are paid on time
- Ensure staff insurance are maintained properly
- Manage and ensure staff attendance and absent management for all the staff is strong
- Manage and oversee project staff’s logistics and travel plan and ensure all these are carried out properly and also ensure staff health and safety are met
- Support other senior members in promoting healthy environment within the office
- Manage the leave policy of AfN and keep a track record of such leaves
- Manage and coordinate training need assessment of the AfN staff and advice senior team members about the importance of staff skills needed to increase the productivity of the organisation.
- Play an pivotal role in staff management including appropriate and systematic delegation with the approval from the operation Director
Grant Applications & Financial Information For Funders:
- Assist the Programmes team to prepare financial information required for funding applications to local authority and other funding bodies.
- Complete financial monitoring reports and ongoing funding claims as required.
- Produce regular financial monitoring reports for meetings of project partners.
- Provide financial reports to funding bodies and local authority
- Provide quarterly and annual financial reports to line managers and donors as per the reporting requirements.
Board Of Directors:
- Provide regular financial and HR reports for the Board of Directors.
- Attend Board of Directors meetings to present reports and/or give financial input and other relevant information related to HR to their decision–making.
Fundraising: To assist with fundraising, and to provide data and budgets for fundraising projects.
- To provide appropriate information to the community and government about Action for Nepal
- The post holder will be required to establish and maintain positive and productive relationships with key Action for Nepal donors and supports, beneficiaries, partner, other organizations in the international development sectors, overseas project partners, tour operators and corporate supports, key clients and suppliers. This is by no means a definitive list as we anticipate that your external relationships will be extensive and frequent.
Internal Relation: You will work closely with all Action for Nepal colleagues to implement marketing, public relation and communication initiatives that respond to and support the aims and objectives of each project area and activity.
Travel: To participate in filed visits in country
- Out of hours’ work may sometime be required
- Perform other duties as instructed by the Programme Director, Managing Director
- Promote Action for Nepal’s aim and vision
Please send your CVs at email@example.com with your expected salary