Position: Finance and Admin Officer
Require No: 1
Job Location: Relief Nepal Office
Duration: 11 months with possibility of extension
This position will be responsible for providing overall Financial, admin and supply chain support to the organization and ensure that all the financial truncations are adhered to the required financial compliance of the organization, donor and governmental compliances, which includes payment and disbursements; financial analysis and reporting for the achievement of overall organization and project goal.
Financial Management of the Project/Program – 30%
Budgeting and Reporting – 20%
- General financial recording and book keeping using IPAS accounting software following World Vision Chart of Account.
- Support and ensure all the payments are made following proper financial procedures.
- Ensure proper supporting documents for expense verification
- Preparation and administration of payroll adhering the required compliance.
- Issuance and settlement of of employee advance.
- Reconciliation of payable and receivable ledger.
- Preparation of bank reconciliation.
- Keep the scan copy of voucher and submit to donor.
- Support the project/program team in preparation of monthly and annual budget.
- Analysis of administrative cost preparation and it’s sharing to each project on fair share basis.
- Provide financial analysis to the project/Program lead including the board
- Preparation of donor financial report and MIS report and shared as per the agreed timeline to the donor and project lead.
- Orient non-financial employee on financial requirement of the project/program and organization.
- Preparation and analysis of fund/cash flow forecast
Financial Monitoring – 20%
- Ensure each and every expense are valid and meets minimum financial requirements.
- Field monitoring from financial point of view.
- Provide financial analysis and monitoring during procurement
- Report any potential fraud and misusage identified during project implementation.
- Interlink the project/program finance with the overall organization financial management system.
- Implementation of suggestion and feedback provided by WVIN finance focal person and auditor
Admin and Supply Chain Management- 20%
- Support in procurement and supply chain including LTA with vendor
- Preparation of Annual Procurement plan
- Monthly Supply Chain report
- Admin and logistic arrangement including vehicle management
- Asset management and handling
Compliance and Others – 10%
- Ensure internal control measures are in place and are followed appropriately.
- Assist in all type of audit ( Internal, donor, external)
- Any task as assigned by the supervisor and board.
- Liaised with government agencies such as, Tax Office concerning annual audit report, tax clearance, DPAC etc.
Academic Qualification and Experience:
- Bachelor Degree of Commerce, Business Studies or Equivalent
- Master Degree in Finance/Accounting or Equivalent, preferred
- Minimum 2 years of experience in independently handling budgeting, financial accounting, planning and analysis in I/NGO and preferably within WVIN projects.
- Demonstrated experience in the use of MS office Package (Word/Excel/PowerPoint etc.) & Internet
- Experience of working in a computerized accounting environment like IPAS, FAMAS.
- Ability to lead financial management of the project/program and make the linkage of this with overall financial management of the organization
Child and adult safe guarding and sponsorship business
- General Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Good command of English & Nepali languages (written & spoken)
- Practical knowledge of project budgeting, accounting & reporting
- Able to articulate and communicate ideas well verbally and in writing
- Knowledge of tax and compliance
- Demonstrated Mentoring, Orientation & Training Skill
- Good interpersonal, problem-solving & time management skills
- Willingness to work under pressure with tight deadlines and to travel across the project areas.
- Manage all the working environment in the office and working areas are child and adult sensitive
- Guide the team and organization in managing protection related matters appropriately
- Support the organization in complying with all child and adult safe guarding policies, requirements and audits
- Manage all the sponsorship businesses as per the protocols and guidance provided by WVIN
- Registered children participation are well reflected in the provided reporting platforms
- Ensure operationalization of World Vision’s Child Sponsorship standards, Development Project Standards and sponsorship integration in all phases of programming
Application Deadline: 20th Oct, 2020
Interested candidates, meeting the above requirements, are requested to submit their application including
- A motivational letter
- An updated CV with details of at least two references (One from last employer)
- Candidates should must mention his/ her E- mail ID and contact number with latest Pass port size photo.
E-mail: [email protected] or apply through merojob system clearly indicating the position with vacancy code in the subject line.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for written test and interview. Telephone enquiries will not be entrained. Organization reserves all the rights to reject any or all application without assigning any reasons.