Duration: The initial contract will be for 1 year, with the option to extend based on satisfactory performance. This will be subject to a 3 months probation period
Working Hours: Full Time
Contract Date: Immediately
Salary: Starting salary between 26,657 per month, dependent on experience
Other benefits: As per organization policy and Labour Act of Nepal
S/he is responsible for the Finance and Admin Department to ensure smooth financial, accounting and administration operations of the organization, specifically Accounting/Financial Management, HR and Administration. FAO will report directly to the Program Director of UON Nepal.
1. Key Responsibilities:
- Liaising with relevant government offices to ensure all NGO registration is kept up-to-date.
- FAO will be responsible for making payments in cash and bank to all vendors, suppliers, consultants;
- To keep track of all financial records, both in relation to petty cash and other regular expenses and make accounting entries in the computerized accounting package (FAMAS);
- Handling petty cash and making weekly reconciliation
- To handle TAX clearance and other financial compliances with Government and other concerned departments (e.g. AMP)
- Reconciliation of staff advances and making necessary entries
- To administer employee files and other files and records in order to ensure accurate payment of benefits and allowances - review of personnel records: [Staff contracts, leave reports, training, time sheet, travelling documents]
- To provide appropriate support on procurements, maintain the assets and inventory list and supervise the inventory of store items & ensuring regular verification, in coordination with the Operations Team
- To resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities, ensuring that all bills submitted by staff are legitimate and correct.
Reporting and Documentation:
- To prepare financial statements for all projects
- To ensure budget planning, forecasting and reporting and to assist the NGO on the same
- Monitor and ensure project and administrative spending are in line with agreed budgets, identify potential project under or over expenditures
- To prepare regular financial reports, customised periodic reports and submit in timely manner
- To prepare donor financial reports as per the requirements of the donor
- Provide regular updates to the Program Director on all finance-related matters
- Attend NGO Board Meetings, directly communicate with the Board
Financial Management and Audit:
- To deal with banks and carry out monthly bank reconciliation of existing bank accounts
- To manage the financial audit preparation, coordination and finalisation process
- To work on cost saving where ever possible and work together with the team for all other potential cost saving measures
- To analyse financial information to recommend or develop efficient use of resources and procedures, provide strategic recommendations and maintain solutions to business and financial problems
Development of Policies and Systems:
- To work with the management to build Financial and Administrative Policy, ensure effective implement of the Financial & Administrative policies and procedures of the organization
- To suggest/facilitate about the development of other guidelines
2. Required Qualification for the vacant position:
- Nepali Citizen;
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting or Management;
- Experience working with an I/NGO or other donor agency;
- Fluent in English & Nepali languages written and spoken;
- Having 3 years relevant experience in the field of Accounts and Office Administration;
- Be familiar with institutional donor financial requirements;
- Familiar with windows based accounting packages;
- Good in Office Package (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet and Email);
- Familiar with busy working environment, handling with pressure of works and meet the deadlines
- Good in communication with people from diverse communities and places.
3. Desirable experience/qualifications:
- Experience working with FAMAS
- Demonstrable experience of being able to work well independently, as well as part of a team
Interested and suitable candidates are encouraged to submit application stating how his/her experience match the requirements of the position as specified above along with CV to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Preference will be given to competent women, Dalits and people from marginalized communities. Only short-listed candidates will be notified for selection process. Deadline for application is July 12th, 2019
If you have already applied before, please do not apply.