Reporting To: Finance and Admin In charge
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision and guidance of the Finance/Account Officer and overall Supervision of the CEO of Eco Concern the Finance and Admin Assistant is required to conduct the following major tasks.
- Maintains the accounts, following relevant regulations/guidelines of Eco Concern and Donor agencies, in consultation with the Finance/Account Officer and in co-ordination with the Project Coordinators/Managers and Officers
- Ensures the management of the data files and the appropriate filing of the electronic and hard copies of financial documents and reports
- Assists the Finance/Account Officer to prepare the monthly and annual financial reports of Eco Concern and its different projects based on the accounting application, with all necessary justifying documentation (invoice, bank drafts, bank reconciliation)
- Assist the Finance/Account Officer in dealing with external and internal auditors
- Carry out calculation of the payroll for all Eco Concern’s staff on the basis of valid contracts
- Ensures a regular monitoring and reconciliation of the bank account(s)
- Maintains payment record of all invoices received and maintains payee statement records for all suppliers
- Ensures timely payments of all regular office expenses such as; office rent, telephone, electricity, water bills etc.
- Assist in vat reconciliation and ensures timely entry and payment of vat returns ,TDS and all other taxations
- Monitors the development of expenditures, ensuring that budget overruns do not occur and prepares requests for possible amendments
- Maintain stock inventory with the assistance of store keeper
- Establish a system to receive and dispatch mails in an efficient manner
- Manage and control overhead costs & expenses, personnel costs, analyze and suggest cost cutting measures
- Ensures coordination and maintain effective flow of information through good communication system
- Perform banking duties including deposit of cheque, collection and maintaining of petty cash and other banking transactions and payments
- Ensure that advance forms and receipts are completed before payment to staffs and vendors
- Translates financial documents (invoices) as appropriate and maintains complete files
- Ensures the quality of the activities and subsequent information to meet the expectations of the organization
- Carries out any other duties that may reasonably or exceptionally be required to ensure the smooth operation of Eco Concern's work
Note: Two wheeler driving license holder are highly preferred.
Interested candidates are requested to send their updated CV/resume and a cover letter to [email protected]