NO. OF VACANCIES: 2 (One in each location-Nepalgunj and Kathmandu)
DURATION: Through December 2020 (Extendable if funding and need permits)
LOCATION: Based in Nepalgunj and Kathmandu
REPORTS TO: Tayar Nepal’s Municipal Planning Specialist
FIELD VISITS: Frequent travel to the eight selected municipalities in their respected region
CORE FUNCTION OF THE POSITION:
The Field Team Director is responsible for working closely with the municipality level authorities on ‘Improved Disaster Risk Management Project’ of Tayar Nepal, including but not limited to coordination and supervision of municipal level activities, supervision and mobilization of Field Officers (Municipal Mobilizers) and Field Engineers (Engineers) and lead to form municipal level committees.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee and supervise regional field offices’ day-to-day operations and municipal level activities.
- Works closely with the Municipality’s Mayor/Deputy Mayor and Executive Officer and relevant personnel.
- Support Tayar’s Operational team to establish municipal level DRMACs (Disaster Risk Management Assistant Centers).
- Coordinate and supervise all municipal level activities with municipal DRMACs (Disaster Risk Management Assistant Centers) in each partner municipality.
- Supervise and mobilize Field Officers (Municipal Mobilizers) and Field Engineers (Engineers) in project municipalities.
- Lead to form municipal level bodies/committees (Local Disaster Management Committee and Municipal Land Use Council, etc.).
- Support coordination for collection of primary data in the field (field surveys, field investigations, household surveys, etc.) and secondary data from the municipalities and relevant authorities in the province/district/municipality.
- Support and coordinate with other sub-contractors, grantees and local partners for field-related activities.
- Support coordination for municipal level capacity building and training activities.
- Support coordination with municipal bodies for the endorsement and approval processes for RSLUP and Municipal DRRM outputs.
- Support coordination of municipal level consultations to prioritize and design Tayar assistance packages and for its effective implementation.
- Support coordination for outreach, communication and dissemination activities for mainstreaming, awareness of RSLUP outcomes and implementations
- Coordinate with Tayar’s twining municipalities and provide advisory/technical support as and when needed.
- Other duties assigned by the Chief of Party / Deputy Chief of Party/Municipal Planning Specialist.
REPORTING, COORDINATION AND LOCATION:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- The Field Team Director is hired under Habitat for Humanity International Nepal, works full-time with Tayar Nepal Team, reports to Tayar Nepal Municipal Planning Specialist, and works in close coordination with Tayar Nepal Risk Sensitive Land Use Planning (RSLUP) and Urban Planning Manager.
- The Field Team Director for Eastern Region is based in Tayar Nepal Office in Lalitpur, and the Field Team Director for Western Region is based in Tayar Nepal Field Office in Nepalgunj.
- Both positions will require frequent travel to the selected municipalities in their respected region.
- Results-driven with highly developed interpersonal skills, excellent oral presentation, and writing skills in both English and Nepali Language.
- Able to work effectively in cross-cultural settings; can support, negotiate, and cooperate with those of other cultures.
- Proven ability to proactively manage workloads and multiple priorities efficiently and with minimal supervision.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher) and other relevant software skills.
EDUCATION, QUALOFICATION AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s degree in a relevant field (civil engineering, urban/regional planning, urban management/governance, rural development, disaster risk management, natural resources management, development studies, etc.).
- 10 years of project management and coordination experience.
- Preferably knowledge of and expertise in DRRM, municipal level coordination, and program implementation.
- Preferably with experience working in the project region/municipalities in Province 3, Province 5, Karnali and Sudurpaschim.
- Strong expertise in coordinating with local governments, NGOs, CBOs, and civil society.
- Experience in coordinating with multiple field teams, operation teams.
- Knowledge of multi and bilateral donor rules and regulations preferred.
- Understanding of national disaster response framework.
Habitat for Humanity International Nepal is an equal opportunity organization. Women and persons with disabilities, marginalized and disadvantaged communities are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further steps in recruitment. Habitat for Humanity International Nepal reserves the right to accept or reject any applications without assigning any reasons whatsoever.