Duty Station: Kurule-Tenupa, Dhankuta
Number of positions: 1
Scope of Work
One livelihood coordinator will be hired to play the role of an intermediate manager in areas of planning, implementation, monitoring, coordination, and reporting of the livelihood programs in our field site in Eastern Nepal. The position requires the responsibility to establish coordination with governments, partners, and other key stakeholders under the direct supervision of the Directors and Managers.
- Contribute to the development of livelihood programs, strategies and initiate and participate in the development of relevant livelihoods projects.
- Provide input/analysis on livelihoods needs and gaps; contribute to proposal development
- Implement technical direction and ensure high technical quality of projects.
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need of protection, explore and assess new and better ways to assist.
- Provide technical guidance to the community and staff on agroforestry practices, NTFP cultivation, permaculture, etc.
- Plan and organize alternative livelihood training for the community.
- Advising new product markets / developing business ties.
- Ensure that confidentiality is not violated and that any organizational issues or disputes are resolved discreetly.
- Strategically communicate the livelihood goals, objectives, outcomes of the Vertical University project to stakeholders
- Manage project budget and coordinate across other Core Competencies.
- Ensure capacity building of project staff and transfer key skills.
- Liaise and collaborate with relevant local authorities and other key stakeholders.
- Promote and share ideas for improvement and necessary changes in the activities
- Budget management: ensure budget management and submit regular spending plans; develop work plans for the field teams and follow up with progress on a daily basis; budget holding when delegated this responsibility; develop procurement plan and ensure all procurements are done in time; contribute to provide monthly activity reports and donor reports; contribute to proposal and budget development.
- Donor compliance: ensure donor rules and regulations are followed and all necessary documentation is uploaded
- Overall coordination of beneficiary selection process; ensures there is a communication strategy with beneficiaries in place; ensures there is a functioning complaints mechanism.
- Support in identification and procurement of training service providers, while putting in place systems to ensure quality
- Coordinate with the Logistics, Finance and Security departments to organize activities
- Prepare, coordinate reviews, edit, and disseminate livelihood-related reports and documents.
- Ensuring timely and duly management of the project and implementation of all activities based on the project log frame within the assigned project site
- Participate in and represent TLG meetings and seminars in Kathmandu and the eastern region.
Government Relation Responsibilities:
- Coordination with concerned Gaupalikas/Nagarpalikas to ensure that livelihood program activities are incorporated into annual plans and budgets in Asar/Shravan in the Gaun Sabha.
- Support, facilitate, and lead internal livelihoods-related coordination meetings
Financial Coordination Responsibilities:
- Draft monthly, quarterly, yearly financial projections
- Properly implement the activities as per the budget lines in the field and collect proper receipts and data as supporting documents
- Coordinate with the Finance and Legal Coordinators to ensure legal compliance
Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Ensure that proper monitoring methods are developed for tracking indicators
- Develop proper data collection methods to track the progress of indicators
- Ensure that all supporting programmatic documents are collected, stored in dropbox on a monthly basis
- Provide all photos to the IT officer/ Media Lead on a weekly basis at least
- Support to follow the M&E system at the field level.
- Draft reports as per need on a quarterly/ yearly basis
- Ensure proper reporting and communications with the donor and Local Partners,
- Ensure all the board minuting procedures are followed while implementing activities
- File all documents relating to the project activities framework
- Organize high-level site visits with concerned authorities, as per the need of the organization
- Ensure all assets are being used properly
- Ability to hold zoom meetings and online meetings
- Donor and field trip coordination and support
- Filing, archiving services as needed for the relevant projects
Field Safety and Security
- Development and continuous improvement of Company safety policies, procedures, and practices to ensure compliance with applicable Acts, regulations, and industry-leading safety practices.
- Maintain safety and security manuals, reviewing and updating annually to ensure compliance.
- Monitor new and revised health and safety legislation to remain current with the latest requirements.
- Recommend corrective action related to hazardous conditions to the appropriate sources.
- Provide and maintain statistical data, reports, and analysis of accident/incident trends to operations in support of accident reduction goals and continuous improvement of workplace health & safety.
- Maintain strict confidentiality and data integrity at all times.
Key Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (Masters preferred) in agriculture, business development, or another related field.
- At least 4 years’ experience (2 years for Masters) in development sectors specializing in community development, Livelihood, Agriculture.
- Proficient and experienced in planning, monitoring, and reporting of project activities in the relevant fields in multi-stakeholder partnerships and collaboration.
Special Skills and Competency
- Complete fluency in written and spoken English and Nepali, and typing skills in both languages
- Exceptional interpersonal, networking, professional communication, negotiation, and facilitation skills
- Excellent reading and writing skills in English and Nepali.
- High degree of patience and sensitivity, and ability to work in sensitive climate
- Highest degree of gender and caste sensitivity is a must
- The application deadline is January 13th 2021, 5pm. The initial contract shall be for three months on a probationary/ trial basis and extended upon successful completion to a longer duration based on both project funding and performance of the candidate.
Documents to be submitted by the Applicant:
- Cover Letter stating qualifications, work experience and salary expectation
- Professional Copy of academic certificates and/or other relevant documents
- Name, email, and phone number for 3 professional references