NLR Nepal is a not-for-profit national organisation registered under Company Registration Act of Nepal in 2018. NLR is a member of NLR Alliance led by NLR Netherlands for providing technical and financial support to leprosy and disability programmes in seven countries including Nepal.
NLR Nepal, works closely with the government and non-government stakeholders and partners to eradicate leprosy from the country and to make all development initiatives inclusive to people affected by leprosy and disability. NLR Nepal consists of 18 staff members and located at Sankhamul Marga, New Banewhwor Kathmandu with its field offices in Biratnagar and Dhangadhi covering province one and Sudur Pashchim Pradesh.
Scope of work
NLR Nepal is looking for a consultant who will work for the development of organisational strategy on the basis of NLR Alliance strategic pillars and objectives and action plan based on the strategy.
Key expected outcome from Audit:
The assignment consists of the following major outcomes;
- To reconvene NLR Nepal partner organisation including the Government and persons affected, to participate in the development of the strategy;
- To identify work currently being done that is in alignment with the Zero Leprosy Roadmap of Nepal and WHO and ILEP strategy and organize that work into aligned workstreams;
- To identify programmatic areas that need additional support and outline strategies to provide that additional support; and
- To align organizational goals around the targets found in the roadmap.
In addition to the major outcomes listed above, s/he will perform the other process and documentation mentioned on the ToR.
Requisite criteria for selection of the Consultant:
- Background in Development, more specifically in the field of Strategic Planning for a development organisation.
- Fluent in both English and the main local language, written and spoken.
- Ability to quickly build trust with people.
- Ability to conduct interviews and workshops and distil the key points for further analysis.
- Ability to gather and organise information in a structured way.
- Experience in the (public) health sector is a big advantage.
Period of consultancy and compensation
The consultancy will be task based, for maximum 40 days starting from 1st July 2021.
The selected Consultant will be provided all the documents related. The compensation will be paid in mutually agreed amount based on the quotation and organisation’s budget. Quotations are invited from interested independent consultants/ working with an agency along with a description of their capacity and experience of conducting such process and preparing the documents.
How to apply
You are requested to apply at the earliest. NLR will screen and entertain proposals on an ongoing basis starting from the date of advertisement; the agency will be finalized as soon as we get the suitable proposal within our budget. Please send your proposals with a subject line ‘Consultant for Strategy Development’ with covering letter which explains your track record in development sector and motivation that makes you eligible for this position, along with cost and payment terms to [email protected] The ToR is available along with this advertisement.
For the detailed TOR, please CLICK HERE
Last date to apply is 18th June 2021.
No telephone queries and clarification will be responded/ answered. Only shortlisted person/agency will be contacted.