NLR Nepal is a not-for-profit national organisation registered under Company Registration Act of Nepal in 2018. NLR is a member of NLR Alliance led by NLR Netherlands for providing technical and financial support to leprosy and disability programmes in seven countries including Nepal.
NLR Nepal, works closely with the government and non-government stakeholders and partners to eradicate leprosy from the country and to make all development initiatives inclusive to people affected by leprosy and disability. NLR Nepal consists of 18 staff members and located at Sankhamul Marga, New Banewhwor Kathmandu with its field offices in Biratnagar and Dhangadhi covering province one and Sudur Pashchim Pradesh.
Scope of work
NLR is an international organization working on leprosy with branch offices in India, Indonesia, Brazil, Mozambique and Nepal. NLR Nepal is looking for a consultant auditor who will work with a Netherland based 2-member audit team to assess whether NLR Nepal national NGO (Company) is ready for the final transition from an NLR Branch office to an independent national NGO within the multi-country NLR Alliance.
The assessment is called transition audit and will consist of a pre-audit and a final audit; it will provide a first critical and objective assessment of the readiness of the organisation by means of a pre-audit, resulting in advice on steps that still need to be taken.
The final audit will determine whether these steps have been completed sufficiently and is the basis for the final decision on the timing of the transition.
Key expected outcome from Audit:
The transition audit consists of a pre-audit and a final audit.
- To gain in-depth insight in the qualities of NLR Nepal as a self-sufficient and self-operating NLR Alliance member
- To give recommendations on elements that need to be improved before a “go”-decision for a Collaboration Agreement can be made
- To give final recommendations for a “go” / “no-go” decision for a Collaboration Agreement to the NLR Supervisory Board
Requisite criteria for selection of the Consultant Auditor:
- Experience in auditing financial, legal, administrative processes within organisations or companies (references will be requested)
- Knowledge of legal and administrative compliance issues for NGOs in the country of operation, and preferably of the local health system
- Knowledge of /experience in international co-operation / NGO sector
- Independent (from NLR and NLR Nepal)
- Ability to relate to board, Director and staff of national NGOs
- Experience in (collaborating within) audit teams
- Objective, collaborator in teams, thorough, analytical
Period of consultancy and compensation
The consultancy will be task based, initially comprising of the Pre - Audit.; the actual number of days for the Pre-audit may be 10 days. The Pre-audit will be scheduled in July 2021 on mutually agreed dates. The selected auditor will be provided with a detailed ToR and connected with the NLR International audit team to do the audit. The compensation will be paid in mutually agreed tranches linked to the deliverables. Quotations are invited from interested independent consultants/ working with an agency along with a description of their capacity and experience of conducting such audits for the Pre-audit of around 10 days each.
For Detailed TOR please CLICK HERE
How to apply
You are requested to apply at the earliest. NLR will screen and entertain proposals on an ongoing basis starting from the date of advertisement; the agency will be finalized as soon as we get the suitable proposal within our budget. Please send your proposals with a subject line ‘National Auditor’ with covering letter which explains your track record in development sector and motivation that makes you eligible for this position, along with cost and payment terms to [email protected]. Last date to apply is 15th June 2021.
No telephone queries and clarification will be responded/ answered. Only shortlisted Agency will be contacted.