REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL: AN IMPLEMENTATION RESEARCH STUDY
World Vision is a child focused relief, development and advocacy organization that has contributed to transformation in the lives of millions of children around the world in vulnerable situations. We are looking for potential Nepalese Consultant Service Provides to undertake the following assignment:
Consultancy Service: An Implementation Research Study: Inclusive Playful Parenting for a Brighter Childhood
This research is expected to provide an evidence of how parental engagement and creating a playful learning environment at home and in the community impact on multi-domain and/or a holistic development of a children under 6 years age.
This research is expected to provide an evidence of how parental engagement and creating a playful learning environment at home and in the community impact on multi-domain and/or a holistic development of a children under 6 years age. The specific objectives of the research are:
- To compare the effect of different level of playful parenting interventions (High, Medium and Low level) among parents and caregivers to improve early child development;
- To assess the common parenting practices for physical, cognitive, socio-emotional and language & communication development of under 6 years children
- To examine the developmental (physical, socio-emotional, language and cognitive) status of young children (aged below 6 years);
- To measure the contributing factors for holistic development of young children;
- To assess the home and ECD classroom environment for playful learning environment.
Qualification for Research Lead:
Master’s degree (preferably PhD) in early child hood development, child health & nutrition, public health, education, demography, social science, or related discipline with minimum five years’ experience in conducting similar studies.
Skills and experience:
- Have experience of engagement in more than 5 studies in the past five years on carrying out research on child health, child development and early child education related issues.
- Have published papers or reports in issues of early childhood development related theme with-in past three years.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of research methodologies and processes and demonstrated experience in study design using methodological variation, varied tools and data analysis.
- Experience and expertise in implementing an operational research on social issues.
- Experience and expertise in routine data management and longitudinal research project management
- Experience of using statistical tools and techniques for quantitative data analysis (e.g. STATA, SPSS etc.)
- Experience of working on consultative process for research studies.
- Experience in gathering and systematizing large volume of data from different sources;
- Experience in working on cultural, humanitarian and related social issues.
- Experience of working with women and children using participatory methods.
Interested bidders are requested to collect the bidding document via email to [email protected] on or before 7 August 2022. A pre-bid meeting will be held on 3 August 2022. The final day for submission of duly filled proposals is set to 7 August 2022.
‘Technical proposals and financial proposal shall be submitted separately’ on or before 7 August 2022 to the email address mentioned below:
World Vision International Nepal (WVI Nepal) is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourage service providers of diverse background, women and differently abled, to apply. Only eligible service providers will be contacted for the subsequent selection procedure.
WVI Nepal reserves all rights to qualify/disqualify proposals in its sole discretion.
Supply Chain Management Department
World Vision International Nepal