Terms of Reference – Expression of Interest (EOI)
Development and documentation of Knowledge Product
VSO began its operations in Nepal in 1964. Using its unique Volunteering for Development approach VSO has brought thousands of people together over the years to generate insights, ideas and, above all, action on eliminating poverty and different forms of exclusion. Through our unique Relational Volunteering approach, VSO projects integrate the expertise and passion of national, international and community volunteers to deliver lasting impacts in development with specific focus on marginalised communities.
The proposed development and documentation of knowledge products consultancy work targets Empowering a New Generation of Adolescent Girls with Education in Nepal (ENGAGE) project to showcase project learnings and outcomes. The ENGAGE project aims to help improve learning opportunities and outcomes for thousands of highly marginalised out of school marginalised (OOSM) girls and children with disability. 2,525 girls will be bolstered with new skills for learning and employability, experience new found confidence and self-esteem, and become able to influence and control their own sexual and reproductive health, entrepreneurship, protection and safeguarding. Till date, the project has
- Empowered the out of school (OOS) 10-19 years marginalized girls and children with Disabilities through literacy, numeracy, formal education and entrepreneurship.
- Supported to increase the parental support and engagement for promoting. children’s learning.
- Promoted gender responsive and child friendly learning through developing and utilizing teachers’ capacity and providing mentoring and coaching support to the teachers and primary actors by mobilizing international and national volunteer experts.
- Supported primary actors in developing life skills through Personalized Social Support (PSS) scheme.
- Supported different levels of government on policy, planning, programming and data base management to enable them developing and implementing evidence based plans and programme aiming to mainstream inclusive education.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
The consultancy firm will be required to have;
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in learning documentation and video production both in production and post-production at national and international level standards
- Must have proven track record in all required areas of expertise including script writing, planning, cinematography, editing and mixing for videos
- Extensive experience in storytelling, documenting and producing documentaries for international development organizations. Experience in Disability and Inclusion is preferred.
- Ability to remain positive, upbeat, and hopeful in challenging development settings while also being respectful of the plight of those suffering
- Well-equipped with updated software and hardware to ensure smooth and high-quality documentation and video production.
- Additional experience in development communication will be an added advantage.
For more informations, please CLICK HERE
Duration of Assignment:
The consultancy period will be for a period of two months effective from contract signing date. Consultant will submit a detailed work plan schedule which will be approved by VSON
Consultancy firms are required to submit the following:
- Letter of interest (LOI)
- Technical proposal which includes objectives and method with detailed timeline.
- CVs of professional personnel proposed for the project
- Financial proposal indicating consultancy fee and a breakdown of expenses.
- The technical and financial proposals must be submitted separately.
- Copy of company registration certificate (not required for independent persons/freelancers)
- Copy of PAN/VAT registration certificate, Business PAN/VAT for individual
- Copy of Latest Tax Clearance Certificate of FY 076/77
- 3-5 sample of previous productions in line with the technical and creative requirements of the project.
- The submission closed date is 30th July 2021
- Submissions should be addressed to: [email protected]