Districts: Achham, Baitadi, Bajura, Bajhang, Dadeldhura, Darchula, Doti, Kailali, and Kanchanpur, (9 districts) and 88 Local Governments (LGs).
Period: July - August 2021 (Not exceeding two months)
WaterAid Nepal’s Country Strategy covers the period from April 2017 to March 2022. WaterAid is an international not-for-profit organization, established in 1981, determined to make clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone, everywhere within a generation. We change millions of lives every year, working in 28 countries to provide clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene. WaterAid has been working in Nepal since 1987.
WaterAid Nepal’s current strategy is for the period 2017-2022 with four key objectives:
- Enable marginalized communities and individuals, and people in vulnerable situations to take action for their rights to water and sanitation.
- Promote greater accountability and effectiveness for delivering WASH services.
- Influence and demonstrate WASH as foundational to all aspects of development, with a focus on health and education.
- Apply new research, holistic approaches and innovative technology to WASH.
WaterAid Nepal has been implementing its projects in Province 1: Udaypur district, Province 2: Siraha district, Bagmati Province: Kavrepalanchowk, Sindhuli, Dolakha, Lalitpur and Kathmandu districts, Gandaki Province: Nawalparasi and Myagdi districts, Lumbini Province: Bardiya district, Karnali Province: Kalikot, Jumla and Jajarkot districts and at the national level.
WaterAid Nepal is planning to extend its programme areas in Sudurpaschim Province for its programme intervention in the coming future. WAN, therefore, is seeking a consultancy service from individuals or firms to undertake the programme scoping study to inform the project formulation and implementation for post 2022.
Required Skills and Competency
The proposed programme scoping study team/firms should fulfill the following requirements:
- Proven experience in conducting the programme scoping study by using different social research tools and techniques with very good understanding of socio-cultural dimensions of multi-geographical areas,
- Sound understanding WASH governance, WASH rights, WASH technical endeavours, WASH planning, and WASH functionality and sustainability issues etc.
- Experience in human right based approach, water security and resilience, sector effectiveness works etc. will be an added advantage,
- The scoping team should have a multidimensional team with technical, social science (GESI) and research expertise.
- Masters’ degree in development studies or social science or water engineering or in relevant fields with extensive experiences on undertaking programme scoping studies or similar assignments in WASH,
- Demonstrable experience of leading and managing high-quality Programme scoping assessment or similar assignments in WASH,
- Excellent research skills and experience in the participatory/qualitative research methodology preferably in WASH,
- Excellent skills in conducting FGD, KII and stakeholder consultation (data collection, recording and analysis) to the field researcher, and ensure the quality of their work,
- Ability to manage the study team, their field work plan, and provide support on the methodology and use of research tools,
- Ability to collect or extract data/info from various sources, collate, analyze and produce a quality report,
- Excellent report writing skills in English
For the detailed TOR, Please CLICK HERE
Submission of Expression of Interest
The interested consultancy firm is required to submit a company legal documents such as Company registration, VAT Certificate, Income tax clearance certificate of the current fiscal year. In case of individual consultant PAN card number is required. Both has to submit technical and financial proposal along with a cover letter and updated CVs of the team. The proposal should demonstrate required knowledge, technical skills and capability and understanding of the requisite tasks set forth in the ToR. The consultant should also provide evidence of similar assignments undertaken in development organizations.
The submission shall be in electronic copy with the subject line mentioning “EoI for Programme Scoping Study” to the following address by 17th June 2021.
JM Road 10, Pabitra Tole
Nakhipot- 14, Lalitpur
Phone: +977 1 5230210/5230864/5230365
P.O. Box: 20214
Email: [email protected]