Duty Station: Current requirement is in Kathmandu but it can be placed anywhere in Nepal as per business needs and future requirements.
Department: Internal Audit
The Director, Internal Audit, has overall responsibility for the Internal Audit function. The position is responsible for ensuring Internal Audit is closely aligned with industry / group strategies & best practices in executing the duties across Ncell’s business and financial operations. Works to ensure roles, responsibilities, and results are efficiently coordinated and collectively optimized for effectiveness of risk management, control and governance of the company.
The Director, Internal Audit reports directly to the Board Audit Committee of Ncell and Group Head of Internal Audit with administrative oversight from the Ncell CEO and MD.
Main Responsibility Areas:
- Develop Internal Audit Department strategy, vision and roadmap for Ncell keeping in view short term & long term point perspectives.
- Support Management Team in identifying company’s strategy, vision, mission, targets and KPIs in the frame of Axiata strategy.
- Collaborate with Group Internal Audit and Board Audit Committee to develop and manage medium and long term Audit strategy for Ncell.
- Lead Internal Audit’s change initiative by implementing action plans related to risk assessment and annual planning, audit execution, audit reporting, staff recruiting and development, audit technology, and Audit Committee reporting.
- Lead Internal Audit’s annual risk assessment, enterprise risk assessment and planning process to develop the audit plan and ensure the plan is responsive to and is in alignment with the risk profile of the organization.
- Ensure that Internal Audit is performing its work in accordance with established professional standards and remain abreast of emerging trends and best practices that can be incorporated into the function.
- Ensure that Internal Audit and Control services are effectively delivered in compliance to Axiata’s values (UI-EP), Ncell’s values, governance, processes, FLOA.
- Apply a risk-based approach to the review of the systems and controls of Ncell through the development of an annual program of audit review work.
- Issue all Internal Audit reports ensuring the reports are clear, concise, with identification of root causes with practical solutions, and ultimately provide value to management.
- Discuss the findings of audit reviews with management on a constructive basis in order to develop the most appropriate, proportionate solutions to issues arising.
- Attend Management Team meeting to understand internal customers’ requirements at a broad level and plan strategies ensuring effective service delivery.
- Perform ad hoc investigations and reviews at the request of the Audit Committees.
- Proactively inform Management Team of significant risks or exposures related to internal controls, compliance, and/or governance requiring prompt attention.
- Actively participate in Ethics related processes including and not limited to Whistle Blowing process, Defalcation process, Ethics Audit and ensure timely and effective investigations related to this.
- Actively participate in Management Team meetings to ensure that Internal Audit is well-informed of key business developments that could have an impact on audit priorities and/or plans.
- Regularly review performance of departmental colleagues as per planned and agreed KPIs, and provide guidance and directions to ensure departmental objectives are met.
- In close coordination, develop review mechanisms & governance framework with partners / vendors for required services.
- Perform follow-up work, ensuring management progress actions within the agreed time scales and to escalate failure to progress actions as the Head of Internal Audit deems appropriate.