Purpose: The Deputy Supply Chain Manager is responsible for management of WVIN/NER Logistics (Warehouse and Fleet), Procurement, Distribution, Non Food Tracking System (NFS), and Last Mile Mobile Solution (LMMS) activities in order to achieve the project impact and goal as per approved program design and donor compliance.
- Ensure sound policies and procedures are maintained during the procurement process as per the WV Field Financial Manual and WV Procurement Manual and right Procurement Standard Operating Procedures are followed.
- Liaise with Sectors/Departments to prepare Procurement Plans, further on ensure that Consolidate Procurement Plan is prepared allowing Procurement Department to properly plan goods and services required by WVINER.
- Support to Programs in identification of costs for goods and services required for proposal writing and budgeting
- Supervise the sourcing and purchasing activities with the responsibility for ensuring timely delivery of supplies, in the right quantity, quality and delivered in the required locations.
- Ensure all purchases are tracked and recorded using available Procurement tracking tools.
- Define logistics strategy within the organization policies and procedures and ensure effective integration of logistics operations. Identify, mobilize resources, implement and report on special logistics operations. Ensure that accurate and complete accounting, reporting and internal control systems are functioning and that all relevant records are maintained.
- Ensure effective commodity management and quality control. Ensure adequate logistics preparedness through contingency planning and continuous logistics preparedness reviews. Coordinate logistics operations with other organizations in the area.
- Manage WVINER Warehouses and transport activities in working districts.
- Ensure the distribution plan in place in coordination with operation department/sectors/districts and government agencies.
- Monthly or periodic item/sector and category wise distribution report submission and compliance ensured.
- Ensure that all NFIs entrusted to WVIN/NER arriving at any given points, ports, counties, districts, localities and at distribution centers are properly accounted for
- Effective monitoring of NTS user in all level and tracking all the possible transaction.
- Responsible for supporting field-based operations pertaining to the Last Mile Mobile Solutions (LMMS) technology
- Ensure all distribution are done through LMMS
- liaison between IT and LMMS program implementer and ensure the effective operation
- Reconcile the plan vs. distribution and reporting timely
- Establish adequate referral linkage of Logistics target groups with the appropriate service providers, policy makers and other stakeholders.
- Educate on the key logistics issues and plans to District Office and NGOs and other relevant departments of WVINER
- Monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, annual and supply chain report prepared and in placed and documented in time aligning with WVINER design and donor requirement.
- Qualitative reporting and implementations models ensured.
- Capture evidences of good practices in regular basis.
- Anything else requested by the Supply Chain Manager to support the quality of Supply Chain operation for WVINER.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Management, Civil Engineering, Natural Resource, Rural Development, or relevant discipline with at least three to five years’ working experience in Supply Chain (previous experience working in Logistics and Transport are preferable)
- Demonstrated depth of experience and effectiveness preferably in an I/NGO context in working with community/grassroots people and organizations, specially focus on Logistics and Transport, Project Management
- Extensive experience and recognized expertise in models and methods of training, facilitation and capacity building, Project Management and organizational development for staffs, communities and
- Thorough understanding and experience about Nepal Government’s strategies,policies,guidelines, plans about Logistics Management
- Ability to identify the Supply Chain issues at various levels at South Asian Context
- Strategic, creative, and innovative thinking
- A successful track record in coordinating / managing Logistics Management Projects in Nepalese context.
- Demonstrated experience in capacity building and different approaches to building capacity
- Fluent in Nepali, with good written and spoken English
- Committed to World Vision Ethos, Mission, Vision and Core values.
- Decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Experience in using logical frameworks and logistics monitoring
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel
Candidates fulfilling the criteria and interested in working with us need to send their updated CV/Resume by 10 March 2016 to the email email@example.com
Only short-listed candidates will be called for the subsequent selection procedure.
WVI-NER reserves all rights to qualify/disqualify applications in any case. Note: Please specify the position title in subject that you are applying for.