Designation: Deputy Manager- Finance
Reports to: Director of Finance
Location: Bakhundole, Lalitpur, Nepal
Shift: Standard (09:00 AM to 06:00 PM) from Monday to Friday
Deputy Finance Manager is responsible for enforcing day-to-day finance functions within the company. He/she will ensure the overall coordination, leading and supervision of all functions in the finance management and procedures, financial reporting, communication. The DFM supports designs, improvement and maintaining effective financial systems and processes. In line with Genese strategic priority, DFM will reinforce an organizational culture of high performance and accountability
Roles and Responsibilities
- Proactively develop financial forecast analysis to assist in areas such as management of currency risk and cost allocation rates.
- Oversee monthly analysis of the company’s trial balance and other financial reports. Such reports include but are not limited to budget comparison reports, efficiency reports and currency exposure reports
- Contract outside services for tax preparation, auditing, banking, investments, and other financial needs as necessary
- Track the company's financial status and performance to identify areas for potential improvement
- Provide insightful information and expectations to senior executives to aid in long-term and short-term decision making
- Monitor the day-to-day financial operations within the company, such as payroll, invoicing, and other transactions
- Seek out methods for minimizing financial risk to the company
- Research and analyze financial reports and market trends
- Stay up to date with technological advances and accounting software to be used for financial purposes
- Establish and maintain financial policies and procedures for the company. Understand and adhere to financial regulations and legislation.
- Provide new Investment policies.
- Wealth maximization policies.
- Protects the organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Keep all documents and information related to Genese activities, personnel and development plans confidential
Finance Personnel Management and Overall Capacity Strengthening
- Assists in the recruitment, training and development of a competent pool of finance staff that can effectively discharge the mandate of finance function. Supervise, mentor, coach, finance staff. In addition, design and implement succession plans for finance staff.
- Encourage teamwork and facilitate job enrichment to involve team members in activities beyond their defined job descriptions. Ensure effective delegation of authority and staff capacity building within the Finance Department.
- Ensure that job descriptions for Finance employees are up to date. In addition, ensure that performance and development plans are prepared each year.
- Complete annual performance appraisals for supervised staff. Make these documents a useful tool for employees to maintain and improve their performance
- Review financial data and prepare monthly and annual reports
- Present financial reports to board members, stakeholders, executives, and clients in formal meetings
- Update the Director of Finance on financial status of the organization
- Prepare for, manage and support internal and external field financial audits, providing all information required by local legislation, Investor, donors or other bodies.
What We Offer
- Work in a multinational company operating in the Cloud & ICT domain, based out of UK and operating in USA, Finland, Australia, India, Nepal, Pakistan and Bangladesh
- Best in class open, progressive, professional and equal opportunity work environment
- Closely knit and supportive team members and a culture where your contributions, opinions and diversity is welcome, respected, & encouraged
- Exposure to multidisciplinary skill areas (including team management & leadership) in a vibrant start-up ecosystem with deep work involving world class leaders like Amazon, Microsoft, Google, Alibaba, DigitalOcean & Facebook
- Flexible work time (with standard 40 working hours per week & 09:00am-06:00 pm schedule subject to change with respect to personal schedules & centered on delivery) with 5 working days in a week.
- Opportunity to travel regionally (as part of assignment/ training and development or delivery ) in Nepal, UK, USA, Finland, Australia, India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, or Srilanka.
Suitable candidates meeting the above criteria are requested to send their CV and cover letter to [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for the further selection process. You are requested to clearly mention the position you are applying for in the subject of the email.