The Deputy Chief of Party will report to and assist the Chief of Party with all responsibilities, including the development and implementation of the Nepal ARH vision, strategy, and technical direction. The Deputy Chief of Party will serve as the secondary liaison with USAID. S/he will oversee Nepal ARH Activity implementation and be responsible for program design, planning and implementation and supervise the technical team. The Deputy Chief of Party will assist the Chief of Party with all aspects of program performance, both technical and managerial, and ensure that procedures are adhered for activity development, implementation, monitoring, evaluation, procurement, budgeting and financial accounting. S/he will work with the Chief of Party to supervise the recruitment, hiring, and for supervision of local staff and consultants.
- Assist the Chief of Party with strategic and operational planning, including work planning, and ensure compliance with all reporting requirements of USAID and FHI 360.
- Assist the Chief of Party in creating and maintaining good working relationships with USAID, Government of Nepal counterparts, civil society organizations, academic institutions, and partners.
- Manage the technical team ensuring close coordination and collaboration between the Activity’s work streams and partner organizations
- Review, ensure and provide support for timely implementation of the Nepal ARH Activity implementation plan, strategies and approaches, performance monitoring and evaluation plan (PMEP), environment mitigation and monitoring plan (EMMP) and Gender Equity and Social Inclusion (GESI) plan with high quality.
- Manage the development of sub-agreements, contracts, amendments and annual work plans including activities, budgets and implementation plans and monitor subprojects to ensure that implementation is conducted in a timely and technically sound manner.
- Review and ensure that sub-agreements, contracts and amendment documents meet the program and technical requirements and maintain quality assurance before execution by the Nepal ARH Activity Chief of Party.
- Prepare program reports, briefs and other communication and reporting requirements for FHI 360, donors, and Government of Nepal.
- Provide support and guidance to ensure that country program and subproject work plan activities are conducted as planned, targets and technical requirements are met, and deliverables completed in accordance with requirements and are as per the national guidelines and project’s standard operating procedures.
- Support the Chief of Party to ensure appropriate levels of technical assistance are secured and the Activity’s technical quality, expertise and contribution is recognized.
- Facilitate and ensure supportive supervision and monitoring are regularly planned and implemented and ensure issues and actions identified from the supervision visits are shared and addressed in time.
- Review project’s progress tracking on regular basis and ensure that the project’s achievements are on track. Ensure routine project data are regularly analyzed, visualized and used for program improvement.
- Ensure capacity building needs of implementing partners are assessed and capacity building activities are planned, implemented and monitored.
- Work with relevant Nepal ARH and FHI 360 staff for communications and public relations to coordinate publications, documentation and dissemination of Nepal ARH activities, successes, good practices and lessons learned.
- Ensure effective management and monitoring of program through field visits, regular program and technical team meetings, reporting out meeting, annual and quarterly work plan meetings.
- Perform other Activity-related duties as assigned by the Nepal ARH Chief of Party and Country Director.