Cedar Gate Technologies is looking for a Database Administrator in the infrastructure department to maintain, monitor, and administer the company’s databases.
- Provision MySQL/MariaDB, MSSQL instances, both in clustered and non-clustered configurations, HA groups.
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
- Manage Production, QA, and development database environments.
- Learn relevant business processes and understand the data flow, criticality, and dependencies.
- Minimize database downtime and manage parameters to provide fast query responses.
- Enroll users, maintain system security, and monitor user access to databases.
- Database version upgrades and security patching to comply with security.
- Allocate system storage and plan storage requirements for database systems.
- Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes.
- Perform periodic health checks and reports on database systems.
- Develop innovation, strategies, processes, and best practices.
- Configure and maintain Amazon Redshift clusters.
- Troubleshoot and resolve database integrity issues, performance issues, blocking and deadlocking issues, replication issues, log issues, connectivity issues, and security issues.