As a Senior DevOps Engineer, you will architect the systems, and servers to keep our customers' infrastructures running smoothly. You'll build automation and systems management tools that make it easier to scale their rapidly growing businesses and deliver cloud infrastructure all around the world. You should have a passion for systems, storage, network, and software engineering and you will work closely with the client's development teams throughout the entirety of the project.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Design and develop new systems with an emphasis on minimized maintenance requirements, as well as maintain and enhance existing systems
- Systems analysis design and debugging of new systems
- Work with outstanding teams to improve tools, processes, and the software they support
- Managing development, testing, and production servers and container infrastructure
- Do ad-hoc service capacity planning and maintenance
- Managing capacity, designing systems architecture, and performing technology refreshes
- Participate in production readiness reviews and provide feedback to engineering teams on best practices
- Automate error-prone tasks to drive safety and determinism throughout complex distributed systems
- Debug mission-critical problems in production
- Provide architecture and scaling guidance where necessary for all engineering teams
What We'll Expect From You:
- 4+ years experience with Linux, including 1+ years working in large-scale environments
- Experience in designing, deploying, and supporting on-premise and cloud-based hosting environments running high-volume web-based applications and servers
- Proven in-depth knowledge of Linux internals
- An understanding and knowledge of virtualization (such as libvirt, KVM, QEMU, namespaces, and containers)
- Experience with Container schedulers like Kubernetes and Docker Swarm
- Experience scripting in LINUX for automation, monitoring, backup, and configuration management (Salt, Ansible)
- Experience with monitoring and logging stacks (Grafana/Prometheus and ELK)
- Strong English skills, both in writing and speaking
- Strong communication skills and a customer-first attitude
What's in for you:
- We value your productivity. As such, you will receive a Macbook laptop after 3 months of collaboration.
- Competitive salary (Best in Nepal).
- 100% remote. Work from wherever you want to, just make sure you have a stable internet connection.
- 100% company-covered certifications (AWS, GCP, CKA, etc.)
- Challenging projects that will put you skills to the test.
- Opportunity to be part of a fast-growing start-up focused on delivering maximum value to their customers.
- 21 days paid leaves