Country Sales Manager would be a general management position for a particular country. Country Sales Manager would be a key liaison point between all the field staff (branches/ franchisees/channel partners) and Headquarters to ensure that all the student needs are served with a consistent quality befitting the reputation of the Organisation. Following would be key responsibilities of the Country Sales Manager:
Manage all the field offices (branches/franchisees/channel partners) for an end-to-end process of student walk‐ins to conversions. The Country Sales Manager would have specific targets of students conversion from a given Country. The role incumbent would have to carry out the following activities to
set up the region:
- Thoroughly understand the business model and SOPs expected from the field office.
- Travel across the country allocated to you in major cities and towns to generate student business from Channel Partners
- Achieve Student conversions targets for your country.
- Making new channel partners for the allocated region.
- Discuss with Head office about how best to organize the region and detail out what specific
- help would be needed from the Head Office (HO).
- Understand the expectations of Business Units (Units that specialize in specific countries)
- and field offices with each other and set up an operational framework in consultation with HO.
- Ensure process efficiency for the entire process of students walk‐ins to students conversion. This would involve:
- Regular reviews of field offices to identify bottlenecks and ensure that quality of service and speed do not suffer.
- Ensure that student-facing field staff are adequately trained on the relevant knowledge and
- Coordinate with Business Units in HO to ensure that field offices get adequate support. Each Business Unit in HO is responsible for a set of countries where they have specialized knowledge right from Universities, their admissions requirement to visa regulations. Country Sales Manager has to liaison with each of the Business Unit and their Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to ensure that adequate knowledge is available to the field offices to efficiently serve the students they are targeting.
- Plan and execute the regional marketing activity in coordination with the Head of Marketing at HO: This would involve helping the marketing office with ground-level support at each region and also helping the marketing function plan better based on the region's own particular needs.
- Field Offices‐ as an operational head of region/country.
- Business Units ‐ to ensure that field offices understand the needs of the Business Units better and Business Units serve the field offices better to ensure a great experience for target students.
- HR ‐ for manpower planning needs and hiring the right people
- Marketing ‐ To plan and execute the marketing activities in the region
- Operations in HO ‐ for all backend processes including visas
- Senior Leadership ‐ update about regional performance and take strategic guidance
- The company is rolling out a regional structure for the first time. The incumbent would be involved in decentralizing some of the processes which are currently handled only centrally.
- The position requires a high-energy individual who can balance the needs of HO and field offices.
- The position would require significant travel to ensure that the field offices operate smoothly.
Career prospects for the position:
- This is a general management position that includes managing the region/country independently. This role grooms a professional for an independent P&L role.
- The incumbent would have exposure to the wide field of education and a learning opportunity by interacting with professionals representing leading international universities.