If you have a background in advertising, marketing or in any kind of sales profession, you may be well slated to make the jump over to media sales. Media sales executives promote and sell media products and services offered by the employer. Initiative is the name of the game when it comes to what they do, as a media sales executive is usually the one in charge of cold-pitching an idea to a client as well as putting together and defending sales reports to each of their clients. We are looking for Five Senior & Seven Mid-level Corporate Sales Manager/Media Sales Executives.
- Spend a lot of time cold-calling potential clients to make sure that everyone is aware of our services.
- This can happen over the phone, but could also be limited to something as simple as email & social texts or as extravagant as coordinating face to face meetings, presentations, and dinners out with potential clients.
- Manage the relationships he or she has with existing clients and make sure that the arrangement, design, and placement of previously agreed-upon advertisements meets the brief given by the client. In short, maintain an ongoing, flourishing relationship with their clientele.
- As the main liaison helping tender an advertising relationship, the media sales executive will need to be an expert on the differing pricing costs that may be associated with placing a specific ad.
- Meet with the production or creative or programming team to ensure that the advertisement itself meets the specifications of the client as well as the requirements of the advertising space; the media sales executive will likely work with both of these teams to ensure that everyone is happy.
- Manage several campaigns/clients at one time, so having strong organizational skills as well as mental compartmentalization techniques will be key!
- Networking is a huge part of this job! The successful media sales executive might end his or her day by attending a party or an industry event; by going to a conference, whether it be local or out of town; or exhibitions in the industry which you write and coordinate for.
- Ultimately, this is a job that asks a lot of its people—every day can be a new and different surprise!
If you’re a beginner and want to start a career in Media Sales or Advertising, now’s a great time to be going into media sales! Becoming a media sales executive is a fantastic entry point into the Burgeoning world of media & advertising.