Duration of Contract: Fixed term till December 2023 (with possibility of extension)
The incumbent will be mainly focused on the following major duties and responsibilities.
Planning and Implementation
- Assessment of the potential cooperative for the partnership with the project.
- Carryout need assessment of cooperatives, identify opportunities and incorporate those activities in annual plan of action;
- Execute the activities mentioned in plan of action
- Identify and develop business service packages for the cooperative.
- Support to prepare business plan of micro entrepreneurs;
- Support cooperatives to explore business opportunities and selection of potential enterprises;
- Explore and plan for cooperative business at community level;
- Design and implement institutional development activities for cooperatives
Training and Development
- Train cooperative manager on cooperative account management (4 Ledger, vouchers, and other ledgers), and audit compliance.
- Plan and implement workshops on financial services available for the member of cooperatives.
- Conduct entrepreneurship development training to the potential entrepreneurs;
- Provide cooperative education, business & financial literacy training to cooperative members;
- Support to update cooperative policies & guidelines;
- Carry-out periodical assessment of project in order to assess the gap in operational practices of project interventions.
- Conduct field visits to observe, monitor and evaluate the project interventions and utilization status.
- Prepare report based on project requirement.
- Review physical and financial progress of project interventions.
- Collect relevant information and prepare case story, best practices, lesson learnt.
- Assist in feasibility of infrastructure activities.
- Collect, analyze and verify the monthly financial report of cooperative
- Prepare monthly Revolving Fund Status Reports;
- Keep record of production and sales data of the individual entrepreneur(s) and cooperative business
- Carryout market survey for linkage of products from members.
Collaboration and Coordination
- Act as a liaison between local organizations, individuals and representatives of government.
- Extend coordination with concerned local government, and other likeminded organizations, civil society and seek collaboration.
- Participate in the programs/ meeting and discussions held at district/ community level and share the learnings/ experiences.
- Encourage community to strengthen cooperatives and make them self-inspired, self-reliant, self-sustained.
- Locals, especially women and members of ethnic or marginalized communities are encouraged to apply for this position.
- Applications received after the deadline will not be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be notified for the further process.
- Canvassing at any stage of the recruitment process shall lead to automatic disqualification of the candidate