We are looking for a creative and passionate Content Editor/Chief -of- Editor to join our team.
You’ll be responsible to design, develop and implement concept and content strategies that will attract, engage and acquire maximum users. You’ll directly work with the founder, designer, and content team. In addition to technical expertise, the ideal candidate will bring creative thinking and new ways to deliver content to global users to improve the user experience.
What is Sagoon?
Sagoon (Company) is incorporated in the United States, India, and Nepal - a social commerce platform focused on gifts and coupons for socializing.
The platform has over 7 million users. Our users discover and share stories that interest them in texts, photos, and videos and earn FREE Smart Coins to shop in our partners’ stores.
Here is the Link Reference for more details:
What do you have to perform?
- Conceive, write, edit, and create marketing content for multiple channels, such as events, social media, blogs, websites, etc.
- Reviewing and editing content, i.e., correct errors, grammar, and eliminate redundant information
- Improving the tone, readability, and flow of the content while keeping the writer’s message intact
- Verifying the reliability of the facts/sources present in the content
- Developing strategies, collecting resources to groom content writers/creators/moderators, supervise content metrics and user feedback on content.
- Guide train and monitor freelance content contributors as per the requirements of content strategy
- Keep updated with new trends in content
- Generate content ideas actively to increase engagement in the platform
- Provide constructive feedback to the team and suggest ways to improve content
- Collaborating with writers, visual designers on required content and its optimization
- Assigning topics to the content team according to relevance
What skills do you need to possess to perform the job?
- Minimum 4+ years of experience leading a content team and working with Print Media, Online Media, e-commerce multi-media and social media only
- Master graduate with specialization in Arts/English or any applicable discipline is preferred
- Knowledge of digital and e-commerce content and marketing
- Commendable communication skills with a good sense of grammar and a solid grasp of technical concepts
- Able to speak and write in Nepali & English and understands Hindi
- Must be driven, detail-oriented and collaborative
- Team player works well with people, and open to feedback
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills and the ability to express ideas clearly
- Strong leadership quality with a track record of managing a content team and on-time delivery of projects
- Creative and out-of-the-box thinker
Perks of working with us:
- Chance to work closely with the core team and founders
- Opportunity to build the market from scratch
- Opportunity to get the company’s Employees Stock option plan
- A motivating, innovating and productive environment to work
We care about you. We offer:
- Medical & Accidental Insurance
- Paid leaves and Public holidays
- Provident Fund
- Gratuity Fund
- Festival Bonus
- Competitive salary and regular salary reviews
- Tea & Coffee
- Encourage cross team learning and training opportunity
- 5 working days and we relax on weekends
- A vibrant and active culture including team lunches & Dinner, happy hours, movie nights, sporting events, and a book club
Interested to Apply?
- Candidates who work for print media and online media industry are intensively pre-screened. If the vacancy appeals to you and matches your interest, send an email to [email protected]. The email should include the following:
- Your CV/Resume
- The position you are applying for as the subject
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position until the Covid situation is eased.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We thrive on inclusivity here at Sagoon. We believe in creating a workplace where our people feel included, respected, valued and facilitate an environment that fosters innovation and creativity.