CAMRIS International is an international development and research firm that realizes innovative solutions to development challenges through high-quality, cost-effective program and research management services. With experience working in more than 80 countries, we combine our proven systems with today’s most effective, evidence-based best practices to improve the lives of people around the world.
CAMRIS International implements USAID/Nepal’s Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Activity, a five-year project. The Nepal MEL Activity supports the achievement of USAID/Nepal’s Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS) development objectives by assisting the Mission in planning, designing, conducting, disseminating and learning from more rigorous monitoring and evaluation of development activities. This includes designing and implementing both quantitative and qualitative evaluations and assessments, as well as providing expert analysis and technical assistance to USAID/Nepal’s programs.
The Nepal MEL Activity has three major components:
Views: 1252 | This job expired 3 months ago
To support the Mission in using monitoring and knowledge management systems as part of its performance management the CAMRIS-implemented, USAID' s Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Activity seek a Consultant to develop institutional capacity and creating systems for effective use of data for decision making.
The consultant is expected to complete the following tasks (which may be modified with Mission input):
1. Build the mapping, analytical, and visualization capacity of Mission and Implementing Partner staff:
2. Provide training and coaching to strengthen the capacity of Mission and implementing partner staff to understand and apply GIS data and analysis and to perform basic GIS tasks, specifically for activity location data:
3. Support the Mission to use the data for programming, coordination and communication:
4. Assist with the data review and publishing process to ensure data are shared at the appropriate access level
5. Using the initial information from the January mapping exercise, complete USAID activity maps, and Donor Mapping exercise
6. Document USAID/Nepal’s GIS Platform, in the form of a one-page and two-page brief; public-facing website that describes the platform for public consumption
7. Provide ongoing support to the Mission’s effective use of GIS for monitoring, evaluation, and decision-making throughout the Program Cycle.
8. Supervise the maintenance of the Mission’s GIS database containing key reporting information for all of the CDCS DOs, ensuring there are coherent relationships between GIS-related information and each DO’s PMP and learning agenda.
9. Engage with the Government of Nepal, as needed, to support their use of GIS, in particular as it relates to the 2021 census preparations
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Interested qualified applicants are requested to apply by May 20, 2019 at the following link: https://careers-camris.icims.com/jobs/4400/consultant-for-gis-and-knowledge-management/job
TO APPLY: For this job, please follow the applying procedure.