Work Station: Kathmandu Office: 40% time in Kathmandu office and Field Office: 60% time on field
Brief Job Description :
Under the direct supervision of the Program Director, the Construction Project Manager (CPM) will be responsible for managing, delivering and accomplishing all the Action For Nepal construction works in compliance with the projects’ goals and objectives. CPM will be the in charge of the day to day management and supervision, ensuring the overall efficiency and effectiveness of processes and activities undertaken to achieve timely delivery of infrastructures. CPM is furthermore accountable for providing technical assistance to the field office team, including inputs to the development of the construction strategies as well as policies for the maintenance of the infrastructures.
Main Duties / Responsibilities :
The main responsibilities of the Specialist will include but not limited to the following:
- Provide overall technical assistance to Action For Nepal construction projects, from design, planning to their implementation, monitoring and reporting.
- Be responsible to ensure that effective implementation, monitoring and supervision tools are developed and implemented.
- Be responsible to ensure that effective quality control systems are in place.
- Monitor and evaluate performance of service providers.
- Ensure all technical inputs and cost estimates related to the construction components are accurate, timely provided and included in the project proposals and budgets.
- Support the Supply section in all tender processes for the procurement of construction and consultancy services.
- Take responsibility for overall progress and use of resources.
- Identify and manage risks and initiate corrective action where necessary, so that maximum benefits to stakeholders are achieved.
- Prepare interim - final project and handover reports and maintain the relevant project records.
- Manage project reports, budgets, cash flow and obligations to ensure that deliverables are met and payments to contractors and personnel are received on time.
- Coordinate with Operations and programs required activities ensuring proper and timely actions from both, Action For Nepal and Government’s side.
- Certify disbursements of funds monitor and submit financial status reports to management in compliance with the pre-established requirements.
- Ensure a sound handing over of facilities to project beneficiaries.
- Coordinate and cooperate to the water users’ committee and group to ensure the participation of community and ownership.
Qualification and Competencies :
- At-least Bachelor degree in Civil or Structural Engineering, Architecture or other relevant technical area.
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience at projects in the relevant field of civil engineering, especially in Rural Gravity Flow Water Supply System, preparation of construction technical documentation and project reports;
- Experience of working in complex environments particularly in the field of construction technical project documentation development as well as construction supervision;
- Experience of community mobilization / community monitoring sites, coupled with the ability to address and manage all aspects of monitoring of a construction (legal aspects of positioning, procurement, law and knowledge of construction contracts, construction information technologies, and follow-up)
- Knowledge of procurement, preparation of Bill Of Quantities (BOQ) tendering and contracting processes and requirements;
- Excellent and proven experience in dealing with contractors and local partners;
- Working experience in the area of preparation, implementation and monitoring of technical/ (re) construction projects; methodological and calculation skills;
- Experience of technical design and cost estimate of Rural Water Supply System and buildings structures
- Willing to work in remote geographic region where walking for more than 8 hours is desired
- Working experience in other development organization
Competency Profile :
1. Core Values
- Diversity and Inclusion
2. Core Competencies
- Excellent Communication skills
- Fluency in spoken and written Nepali and English languages
- Results driven
- Team Work
3. Functional Competencies
- Leading and Supervising
- Formulating Strategies and Concept
- Collaborating and Networking
- Deciding and Initiating Actions
- Following Instructions and Procedures
- Planning and Organizing
- Applying Technical Expertise
- Learning, sharing and reporting