Position: Community Engagement and Sponsorship Plan (CESP) - Mobiliser
Require No: 8
Preference: Preferences will be given to the local candidates
Job Location: Field based
Duration: 11 months with possibility of extension
CESP mobilisers will be based in the community and will facilitate implementation of Community Engagement Sponsorship Plan’s interventions at the community level to ensure that children are loved, protected and empowered and that the communities contribute towards child wellbeing outcomes. The position will facilitate strong community and partner engagement and ownership of child sponsorship; develop sponsorship activities that promote children’s participation and well-being; foster meaningful relationships and communication between children and sponsors; and monitor and track RC’s presence and wellbeing.
The incumbent strives in empowering community groups, households and institutions to address and manage the issues to sustain. The local resources are managed well to effectively run the project interventions for a longer run.
This position requires to be innovative and problem-solving skills to adapt to changes and multiple priorities. Along with this, the incumbent requires to integrate with other sectors and cross cutting themes to yield broader impact more effectively and efficiently.
- Conduct Child Selection and Registration process as per World Vision’s Global Child Sponsorship standards
- Ensure sponsorship is introduced to Registered Children, their families, partners, community groups and local stakeholders in ways that are easily understood.
- Engage and support in Sponsorship essentials during SIP reflection, PQSR and AP Annual Community Review Planning processes
- Ensure that child monitoring, planning with sectoral staffs for Child wellbeing case management, analysis, follow up and reporting takes place as per World Vision’s Global Child Sponsorship standards
- Ensures sponsor communication activities (Sponsor’s Letter, Seasonal Greetings, Child Expression worksheets, Farewell letters, Gift Notification) are conducted in engaging and meaningful way so as to contribute to life skills and development assets of children and as per World Vision’s Global Child Sponsorship standards.
- Ensure Sponsor queries including RC record management, quality assurance and follow-up are timely responded.
- Ensure child data and other sponsorship documents (both electronic and hard copies) and relevant back-up copies are maintained systematically in a secure place.
- Ensure RC Farewell, RC drop and partnership hold management
- Ensure RC and their families are intentionally included in the AP’s programming interventions as part of transformational development
- Identify and facilitate to address Critical Emergency Needs of most vulnerable children and families (linkage with Govt).
- Supply quality Sponsorship 2.0 media (CUP, CUV, CGP, and CGV) contents as per the required standards.
- Support to facilitate Sponsor Visit in the field and manage all field arrangement
- Execute micro projects, Community GN, BBB, New Year Gift Kit on the basis of community needs, request and designed concept note in consultation with local stakeholders and targeted beneficiaries.
- Facilitate and support children in the field to capture Children Led Most Significant Change Story
- Coordinate and facilitate annual Preliminary Health Screening camps for children in PIA schools in coordination with local government, schools and other stakeholders
- Engage and execute community sponsorship core business in the field if relevant
- Support, mobilize and monitor the community level CP activities with the community level stakeholders like ward office, ward mechanism, child club, life skills clubs and school, and parents
- Support implementation of child friendly local governance (CFLG) initiatives in coordination with the ward and municipal office.
Academic Qualification and Experience:
- Higher Secondary degree (+ 2) in any relevant field [Essential]
- Higher Secondary degree (+ 2) in any relevant field with more than 1 years’ experience in Sponsorship Field. [preferred]
- Understanding of poverty issues, development theories and sustainable development practices and knowledge on child rights
- Strong understanding of community dynamics with skills to communicate and build rapport with children and community
- Good translation skills both English to Nepali and vice versa [Preferred]
- Strong coordination skills with local level stakeholders (Parents, school management committee, child clubs, health institutions, M/Rural municipality, wards, cooperatives and various community groups)
- Latest technology friendly (Use of Smart phones, digital cameras, tablets)
- Computer and Technology literacy; Good computer skills including Word and Excel [preferred]
- Strategic alignment
- Knowledge around CP and CFLG mechanism at the local level
- Risk management
- Planning & Reporting
- Coordination and collaboration
- Data management
- CSBO (child sponsorship basic orientation) orientation
- SBT(sponsorship basic training)
- Sponsorship 2.0
- Quality correspondence
- CBOs and conduct TOT on WV's identity, Sponsorship Approach, CWB objectives, and Sponsorship Essentials
- Skills to coordinate and mobilize multi stakeholders at local level
- Skills to conduct community level activities
- SIP reflection bi-annual
- PQSR bi-annual
- Pre & post distribution monitoring
- Advocacy and other profiling
- Team cohesion
- Represent in field level meeting, workshop and planning process
- Advocacy and other profiling
- Team cohesion
- Field Based position with monthly or bi monthly travel to district office
- Willingness to work outside office hours especially when traveling and working with sponsor/donor visits, critical child wellbeing cases of registered children, emergencies and sponsorship business peak hours
- Achieving quality results & service.
- Practicing accountability & integrity.
- Communicating information effectively.
- Thinking clearly, deeply & broadly.
- Learning for growth & development.
- Maintaining work/life balance & effectiveness.
- Building collaborative relationships.
- Practicing gender & cultural diversity.
- Influencing individuals & groups.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
Child and adult safe guarding and sponsorship business
- Manage all the working environment in the office and working areas are child and adult sensitive
- Guide the team and organization in managing protection related matters appropriately
- Support the organization in complying with all child and adult safe guarding policies, requirements and audits
- Manage all the sponsorship businesses as per the protocols and guidance provided by WVIN
- Registered children participation are well reflected in the provided reporting platforms
- Ensure operationalization of World Vision’s Child Sponsorship standards, Development Project Standards and sponsorship integration in all phases of programming
Application Deadline: 20th Oct, 2020
Interested candidates, meeting the above requirements, are requested to submit their application including
- A motivational letter
- An updated CV with details of at least two references (One from last employer)
- Candidates should must mention his/ her E- mail ID and contact number with latest Pass port size photo.
E-mail: [email protected] or apply through merojob system clearly indicating the position with vacancy code in the subject line
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for written test and interview. Telephone enquiries will not be entrained. Organization reserves all the rights to reject any or all application without assigning any reasons.