This role is responsible for supporting communication activities of program initiatives of CARE Nepal. The incumbent will strengthen internal and external communications, support staff and partners in planning/developing program related communication activities/products, and support the program team in strengthening the social behavior change component of the various program initiatives. The role is required to lead on the preparation and production of the program’s communication materials (e.g. Case stories, IEC materials, videos, press kits, public reports and publications) in close coordination with program team. S/He will also build capacity of program staff and partners in the fields of communication in order to strengthen our program impact and our image among donors, government, NGO/CBO partners, media and the communities. The incumbent will support the development and implementation of communications work to achieve CARE’s organizational objectives and meet donor requirements. This includes working closely with all program staff, CARE Nepal’s partners, CARE USA and relevant CMPs. The employee shall fully comply with CARE policies and procedures and should be accountable for it.
- Deliver effective internal and external communications
- Provide communications support to the program initiatives
- Manage the core and guidance on project publications
- Upholding CARE’s Core values and ensuring its principles
To ensure that the organizational information when disseminated should be correct and permitted message in line to CARE principles and core values.
Based in Kathmandu with estimated 40% travel to projects districts
Person specification requirements:
Qualification & Experience :
- Master’s degree in media, communications, advocacy, sociology, or other relevant field.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in relevant field of work, e.g. behavior change communication, journalism, public relations, mass media, and advocacy.
Skills and knowledge:
- Good interpersonal, communication, negotiation and facilitation skills
- Good skills in conducting advocacy and policy analysis
- Excellent verbal and written language skills in both English and Nepali
- Good editing skills
- Good knowledge of the political context and key policies relating to women’s and girls’ rights
- Knowledge of key organizations, advocacy coalitions and movements at local and national level working to address early marriage or promote women’s and girls’ rights
- Computer skills, including knowledge of relevant software e.g. Microsoft office, photo/video editing software and other design software
- Demonstrated strong competencies of working with various donors ( USAID, FCDO)
- Communicating and sharing ideas and information - Able to present information and express opinions confidently to internal and external audiences
- Interpersonal sensitivity – Able to communicate with sensitivity and foster communication, actively listening to others
- Influencing – Able to generate commitment and build consensus among others and gain their support
- Developing others – Able to foster the development of others by providing a supportive learning environment
- Customer Focus – Able to provide service excellence to internal and external customers, stakeholders and partners Initiative – Deals with situations and issues proactively and persistently Innovation – Demonstrates openness to new ideas, seeks out new opportunities
- Creativity – Able to think creatively and to translate creative thinking into tangible outputs
- Writing – Able to communicate ideas and information in writing to ensure that information and messages are understood and have the desired impact
- Team work – Able to work effectively with other people within a work group
- Planning and organizing – Able to define work goals and objectives; develop and execute work plans; and contribute to the achievement of work group objectives
- Embracing and Valuing Diversity – Able to contribute effectively to a culture that positively values the diversity of people, values and ideas within CARE Nepal
This job has expired.