Location: Mycobacterial Research Laboratories (MRL), Anandaban Hospital
Reports to: Director of Research and Laboratories
Working hours: 8:30 am – 4:00 pm
Overall purpose of job:
Incumbent will manage the routine clinical laboratories and work closely with the Research Director and Team to develop innovative ideas and implement, analyze, report and publish research projects. Incumbent will assist in coordinating clinical research sampling and design, ensuring international standards and regulatory methodology (GCP, GCLP) within multidisciplinary projects.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Manage clinical lab operations onsite as well as for satellite clinics and field camps
- Support to maintain routine clinical laboratory activities including but not limited to specimen collection, storage, processing, testing and recording, result dissemination, etc. Update, develop, validate, and maintain clinical laboratory SOPs for protocols, kits and equipment to meet international standards and ensure safety, security and accuracy of results
- Participate in hospital Infection Control Committee meetings
- Ensure appropriate and periodic internal and external quality control and quality assessments of kit and equipment’s function
- Attendance of camps or clinics
- Contributes to ensure ethical management of patients accessing MRL services and human participants in clinical research projects
- Adhere to all MRL and national biohazard and waste management procedures
- Engage in developing, planning and managing of research projects in coordination with line manager and research leads
- Be responsible for administrative tasks such as developing reports, papers, protocols, as well as relevant databases and analyses
- Assist line manager(s) and research lead(s) in administrative tasks such as developing relevant reports, papers, protocols, as well as relevant databases and analyses
- Report to line manager, or if indicated by circumstance the Human Resources Manager regarding any safeguarding issues
- Any other job assigned by line manager
Any special working conditions: Valid NHPC Registration
Notes applying to all jobs at TLMN:
- TLM Nepal has a zero-tolerance policy towards any abuse, neglect and exploitation to all people. The post holder should have signed and must comply with all TLMN organisational policies, including the Safeguarding Code of Conduct and the Safeguarding Children & Vulnerable Adults Policy.
- Microbiology/ Biochemistry/ Medical Technology or related fields; with Medical Laboratory Technology background / PhD and biomedical research and/or clinical trials experience preferred
- 5+ years as laboratory in charge in 100+ bed hospital; active roles in published biomedical research including at least one as first author in a Pubmed-listed journal. Preferred: clinical trial experience
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills, to include compilation and delivery of presentations to internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong team player with excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team environment
- Must have ability to adapt to fluctuating timelines, work demands and changes in scope of work.
- Demonstrated proficiency with using Microsoft Office Suite required
- Ability to problem solve and implements corrective action as needed
- Ability to work as an effective member of a team as well as independently under general supervision.
- Sound organizational and time management skills, including the ability to perform high-volume tasks to meet deadlines, maintaining a high degree of accuracy and consistency
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements are requested to visit our website at https://tlmnepal.org/get-involved/#work and submit their application through the online portal. The application deadline is on 10th September 2021, 4:00 pm.
TLM Nepal has a zero-tolerance policy towards any abuse, neglect and exploitation to all people. The post holder should have signed and must comply with all TLMN organizational policies, including the Safeguarding Code of Conduct and the Safeguarding Children & Vulnerable Adults Policy.