Project Site: Okhaldhunga
Duration: 3 months with possible extension
Project Start Date: As soon as possible (Immediately hiring)
Responsible to: District Project Coordinator
- 3-5 years of experience on designing & execution of the construction project.
- Experience in micro-irrigation project.
Role and Responsibilities:
Lead and manage the construction of the Micro Irrigation Project in Dalit households in Okhaldhunga.
- Project study, site visit and field observation;
- Design the superstructure (water tank and pipeline system) as per project need;
- Asses the feasibility of the construction site;
- Orient workers and family about construction;
- Ensure safety of the workers, family and yourself;
- Materials assessment and support in procurement;
- Regular site visit and monitoring the construction progress;
- Update progress to project coordinator;
- Orient family about installation and safe use of the water tank;
- Prepare and submit final report.
Project Specific Skills
- Knowledge and skills on designing & implementation
- Proficient on computer and presentation skills
- Proficient in conducting orientation to make workers understand plans
- Efficiency on engaging people
- Looks issues from positive perspective
- Excellent communicator with good interpersonal skills
- A team player with good work ethics
- Time management and leadership qualities
- Adaptable, flexible and able to work under pressure
- Accepting of different ideas and culture
- Problem solving: always be part of solutions than part of a problem
- Willingness to live in rural communities.
- Positive attitude
- Motorbike driving license and willing to take motorbike to project site
Salary: 60,000 to 70,000 including benefits– based on the working experience.
Important Note: Applicant should possess a valid licence and bike. Should be comfortable taking their bike to Okhaldhunga. Must report to Okhaldhunga by 1st December, 2020
Interested candidates are requested to email their Letter of Motivation and Updated CV at [email protected] with the subject as ‘Civil Engineer’.
Telephonic inquiries will not be entertained.