The CFO forms part of the Company’s top management team and is responsible for financial and procurement management as well as accounting and reporting to stakeholders on all financial matters.
The role includes leadership of the finance and procurement team consisting of professionals within the area of finance, accounting and procurement.
Other responsibilities include overseeing of policies and procedures for corporate governance and financial stewardship related to the Company’s activities.
The CFO will be given additional responsibility to oversee procurement and human resource development in the company, including overseeing remuneration and succession planning.
- Lead the annual business plan development, annual procurement plan and budgeting process. Review reports and analyzes projections of Sales and Earnings against actual figures and suggests methods of improving the forecasting process
- Drive operational excellence towards cost optimization resulting expense gap minimization to contribute higher earnings
- Ensure smooth supply chain in the company
- Continuously develop strong alternative supplier base
- Monitoring all company secretary activities and Company Registrar's Office (CRO), Department of Industry (DOI), Nepal Rastra Bank (NRB)
- Responsible for financial management reporting for the organization. Provide strategic financial input on issues affecting the organization. Produce and present monthly, quarterly and year-to-date financials with accompanying analysis of results and reporting/analysis as and when needed
- Lead the periodic business review process from Finance
- Lead transformation and change management initiatives to develop and elevate the organization
- Take control and responsibility of the overall financial account management and procurement
- Liaison and maintain strong relationship with banks and financial institutions for optimizing financial cost and treasury management of the company
- Monitor risk management policies and procedures to ensure that program and organizational risks are minimized
- Managing the team to ensure compliance to system and ensuring work is up to date
- Regularly undertaking audits, involving the examination of the organization’s accounts, analyzing risk, inspecting the organization’s current practices, investigating any financial irregularities and recommending improvements
- Reviewing, implementing and adapting new and existing financial systems and controls
- Develop and maintain timely and accurate financial statements and reports that are appropriate for the users and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Dealing with, and advising on tax issues, develop, implement, and ensure compliance with internal financial, accounting and tax policies and procedures
- Ensure completion of annual financial statements and get this audited by external auditor without any major observations and submission of those to appropriate regulatory bodies.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to ensure that personnel and financial information is secure and stored in compliance with current legislation
- Liaise and maintain strong relationship with regulator and external auditors to investigate findings and recommendations and lobby to protect the interest of the organization
- Others as specified during employment contract