The Chef de Partie is accountable for overall success of the daily kitchen operations. Under the guidance and supervision of the Sous. Chef or his delegate, and within the limits of established Resort Policies, Procedures and Food and Beverage Manual, is responsible for overseeing and directing all aspects of the Oriental section of the kitchen.
1. Reports directly to the Sous Chef or his delegate.
2. Provides functional assistance to personnel employed in the kitchen.
3. Interacts, cooperates with other Departments and other sections of Food & Beverage Department as appropriate
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Assists, and supervises the seasoning, marinating, braising, roasting, grilling, broiling, and frying of all meats, poultry and sea food for all entrees, appetizers in accordance with established Recipe Cards and methods.
- Assists, and supervises preparation of all Oriental dishes in accordance with established recipe cards.
- Ensures entrees are correctly garnished before being sent to the Restaurants for service in absence of Sous Chef.
- Assists Sous Chef to check daily function sheet and daily menu to ensure appropriate production levels.
- Tastes sauces to ensure correct taste.
- Ensures portion control policy / standard plating instruction are adhered to.
- Ensures that all Oriental dishes are served in correct manner and waste avoided.
- Conducts on-the-job training as appropriate in absence of Sous Chef.
- Coordinate with Executive Sous Chef to keep kitchen clean and in orderly fashion.
- Ensures that all equipment / utensils in the section are correctly handled and maintained.
- In absence of Sous Chef, ensure always have sufficient supplies of food to carry out prompt service to all Outlets.
- Assists Executive Chef for the Menu Planning as appropriate.
- Establishes and maintains effective employee relations.
- Ensures Hygiene and Sanitation Standard are attained in the section.
- Complies with Health and Safety .
- Assists the Executive Sous Chef in the preparation of menus and participates in the presentation policy in Consultation with the F&B Office by taking into consideration the following:
- Local requirements
- Market needs
- New trends
- Food costs
- Availabilities of the F & B products
- Assists the Executive Sous Chef to keep an up-to-date standard recipe file for all food items to include:
- Recipe list
- Sales history
- Importation items cost
- Par stocks
- Production time
- Informs on daily basis the Executive Chef of all relevant information in operational and personal matters, including information which does not require the Exec. Chef.
- Checks and monitors the all out-going food order from the Kitchen and sees whether they are properly presented as per the standard.
- Assist Executive Chef to conduct all administrative work required, including, but not limited to the following:
- Attendance records in kitchen
- Duty roaster in kitchen
- Maintains standard recipe file
- Maintains Outlets rotating menus
- Maintains & follow-ups theme nights and promotional menus
- Prepares departmental task break down and maintains a file.
- Familiarize yourself with the following procedures:
- Resort fire procedures.
- Crisis management system.
- First aid procedures.
- Health & Safety policy and procedures.
- Resort security procedures.
- Resort product knowledge.
- Resort standard manuals (Department concerned).
- Palace environmental procedures.
- Discusses and explains to Kitchen staff, Health & Safety procedures of the Resort twice a year in absence of Assist Chef.
- Assists Executive Chef to maintain high level of staff discipline.
- Performs related duties and special projects as assigned.