Location: Lalitpur Cluster
Reports To: Cluster Manager (CM)
Business Development Officer (BDO) will bring significant experience in establishing public relationships with business owners, employers, government representatives in related areas of work, DPOs, and people with disability. BDO will ensure that the relationship with business owners and employers will bring about new opportunities to enroll skilled people with disability into the appropriate employment. Place people with disability into the matching job. Conduct monitoring and supervision of people with disability placed in formal and self-employment, analyze feedbacks received from employers, and recruit people with disability. Provide technical support to CM for timely preparation and delivery of routine progress reports. Assist Cluster Manager in maintaining subnational level networking and advocacy in coordination with the national government (Municipality, Ward), business owners, DPOs, etc. Design recruitment plans together with EC to successfully recruit People with Disability in formal and self-employment.
Key tasks and responsibilities
Under the direction of Cluster Manager, BDO will implement FOUND project activities in the designated cluster and will:
- Understand and comprehend project needs and identify core clients
- Build rapport with business owners to generate numbers of placement opportunities
- Find out market needs, number of positions and businesses that are best fit for People with Disability
- Generate opportunities to access business institutions through support of government line agencies, coordination committees and trusted business owners, FNCCI committee and subcommittee
- Build relationship with Confederation of Nepalese Industries (CNI), Nepal Chamber of Commerce (NCC), other business federations, independent entrepreneurs and other service provider associations
- Support People with Disability to develop business plan to establish self-employment
- Regularly share information about employment possibilities with Employment Counselor (EC) in order to equip People with Disability for placement
- Work together with EC to classify People with Disability into suitable areas of employment
- Participate with Cluster Manager and Employment Counselor in developing practical guidance/handbook for creating cost effective disability- friendly workplaces
- Link EC and People with Disability with employers for on-the-job counseling and sensitization.
- Promote significance of Disability Confident Employer Scheme (DCES) brand among business owners
Monitoring, Learning and Sharing
- Make regular workplace visit to monitor people with disability at work and get updates on their attitude, confidence and employability skills and regularly report back to CM
- Maintain daily record of all people with disability, employers and all other activities you are involved with in the FOUND project’s database management tools or recommended formats.
- Use and maintain affirmed data management tools to monitor regular progress and regularly report back to CM
- Provide monthly action plan with clear targets; Develop clear movement plan
- Share project specific problems with CM and central office on timely basis
- Collect compelling case stories
- Collect, maintain and share feedbacks collected from people with disability at work and employers.
- Maintain complaint feedback log and report it on monthly basis
Any special working conditions
The position involves close interaction with vulnerable adults.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, or any other relevant area of studies
- At least 3 years of experience in relevant field
- Excellent Communication and influential skill
- Demonstrated experience in the implementation of similar project and data collection methodologies
- Extensive field experience in targeted districts and solid understanding of the realities and complexities of working with businesses and people with disability.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in Nepali and strong command of written English;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Demonstrated experience in Microsoft Office, including Word, Power Point, and Excel 9. Candidate with working experience with DFID funded program preferred
This job has expired.