A reputed listed company is looking for a Business Development Officer with a good understanding and experience in finance in Nepal’s private sector. S/he will be supporting in all aspects of the deal process- research, due-diligence, deal structuring, post-investment portfolio management, and exit. S/he will be reporting to the CEO and will be based in Kathmandu, Nepal.
Under the overall supervision of the CEO, the Business Development Officer will perform the following duties:
Detailed Descriptions of responsibilities
- Provide initial investment review, screening of prospective investment opportunities for the fund and keep track of the fund’s investment in pipeline by maintaining internal database
- Evaluate information provided by potential companies, analyze historical and projected financial statements, prepare financial models and projections including sensitivity analysis based on market developments and company growth
- Develop spreadsheets to estimate the value of prospective investments as well as portfolio companies and be able to participate in negotiations with counterparts
- Keep track of market developments particularly in relevant sectors, related government policies and changes, through industry and market research
- Prepare and present investment deals , make suitable recommendations and report on the progress of the existing deals
- Meet with project developers, partners, financial institutions and consultants on matters related to the performance of projects and investments
- Meet with portfolio companies to conduct risk reviews of internal processes of their business and be able to provide recommendations and risk mitigation measures
- Undertaking strategic analysis and assisting with strategic planning, producing long-term business plans
- Participate in exit process by conducting research
- Financial Management
- Controlling income, cash flow and expenditure
- Ensure compliance with all projects that the Company has invested and is planning to invest and compliance with organizational policies and procedures
- Prepare necessary documents for the Fund’s internal processes
- Verify disbursement and purchase request forms and initiate for approval
- Assist in proper control of the supporting documents for payments for the procurement activities
- Maintain proper documentation of payment vouchers and all other supporting documents for all expenditures.
- Release any relevant advances on time, review settlements, coordinate any related issues, and ensure the completeness of the supporting documents and mathematical accuracy
- Maintain and update vendor information and database.
- Advise and assist staff members, experts and consultants on all aspects of allowances, salary advances, claims and other financial matters
- Process payments for invoices and monitor payments / follow up as needed with bank
- Coordinate with bank for deposits, original paperwork, and other related work
- Manage and disburse petty cash transactions
- Prepare financial statements
- Ensure the accounting codes are correct as per the rules and regulations.
- Administer and monitor the financial system in order to ensure books are maintained in an accurate and timely manner
- Prepare and update taxation tracker, enter data in IRD online portal timely.
- Work on TDS deposit on monthly basis. Enter all TDS in the IRD system and provide TDS deposit evidence.
- Preparation of various financial reports and IRD related documents
- Assist with quarterly and end of year document preparation and audit preparation
- Assist to respond external audit/internal audit findings
- Visit SEBON, IRD, NEPSE, invested projects and other regulatory bodies as and when required.
- Corresponding with Government agencies/offices.
- Any other duties as assigned by immediate supervisors
- Ability to manage work within agreed timelines