Cedar Gate Services is looking for a Billing Specialist to join our support department.
The Billing Specialist ensures accurate and timely intake of healthcare provider medical claims, and the associated submission of organization claims to various payers while maintaining knowledge of billing protocols for areas of responsibility. [Extensive training will be provided for this entry-level position, and candidates without any experience are also encouraged to apply. This position requires working in the night.]
- Ensures the efficient filing of medical claims to payers for reimbursement with appropriate documentation as necessary.
- Keys in paper claims received from provider offices to be filed electronically.
- Reports claim filing activity to management.
- Maintains knowledge of contract guidelines related to packaging of services for proper billing to payers.
- Provides coverage for all essential billing function activities such as data entry, claim filing, claim auditing, and cross-training on package protocols per assignment.
- Investigates and documents patient encounter details related to the packaging of services.
- Identifies and corrects or pends claim discrepancies and claims with missing or invalid information according to established protocols for investigation and resolution.
- Documents and reports abnormal claim filing occurrences and provider office trends per department protocol.
- Demonstrates understanding of all essential components of claim forms and formats.
- Meets all department accuracy and productivity standards.
- Maintains appropriate records for area(s) of responsibility.
- Maintains confidentiality of all information in accordance with HIPAA.
- Maintains company confidentiality.
- Attends all regular staff meetings.
- Participates in continuing training to keep current on area of specialty.
- Works overtime as needed.