Number of Positions: 1
Duty Station: Biratnagar, Morang
Contract Type: Fixed term contract with three months of probation period
BISWAS - Building Trust and Confidence among Neglected Tropical Disease (NTD) Affected and Vulnerable Population) is a project designed by FAIRMED. This project is designed to improve the health and well-being of communities in the three districts (Jhapa, Morang and Sunsari) of Province no. 1, for four years. The project plans to strengthen integrated health service provision and utilization in working municipalities of the three districts. The focus intervention will target both entities and Maternal and Neonatal Health (MNH) interventions up to the community level.
Karuna Foundation Nepal is a strategic partner for the implementation of BISWAS project and also has been implementing Disability Prevention and Rehabilitation Program in seven districts of Province no. 1.
Required qualifications and experiences:
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in health education/social science/nursing or rural development
- Experienced in community health programs will be an added advantage
Skills and Abilities
- Advanced computer skills specifically in Microsoft Office Package - Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access.
- Good communication skills in both Nepali and English.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Applicants with two-wheeler driving license will be preferred.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly work plan in coordination with Program Officer
- Support in planning of health-related trainings and orientation of project at district/Palika level
- Plan and organize project related training, workshop, and review meetings, with the Municipalities as well as at community level
- Support the program officer in financial management providing budget expenditure report, event reports on time.
- Implement different activities on field and ensure disability integration in each activity implemented
- Carry out health facility assessment in particular to assessing the needs of birthing center strengthening in support of program officer.
- Support in coordination between BISWAS project and Disability Prevention and Rehabilitation Program (DPRP), and implement both the programs in a harmonious manner
- Support in advocacy with Province and Municipalities to prioritize MNH (Maternal and Neonatal Health) and NTDs (Neglected Tropical Diseases) in their annual program.
- Follow-up on the activities implemented in the community level and report to the supervisor.
- Timely collection and reporting of project related data and information to contribute in progress updates and periodic progress reporting
- Support and facilitate project related orientation, capacity building and relevant meetings at community and Municipality level
- Actively participate in NTD, MNH, and disability related training, activities as planned by the project at community, HFs & Municipality levels
Coordination and Communication
- Coordinate and mobilize Health Facility Operation Management Committee (HFOMC) to promote quality of health service delivery from health facility.
- Maintain good coordination with Health Office and Health Section of local governments
- Communicate with KFN staffs in the implementing districts, province office, FAIRMED and other implementing NGO partners of BISWAS project on regular basis.
Monitoring and Supervision
- Support program officer in tracking all project interventions.
- Regularly monitor the activities implemented on field
- Support program officer with data management, reporting, documentation of learning, and financial management.
Reporting and Documentation
- Support in documentation of exemplary results, good practices, success stories and quality photographs.
- Communicate the challenges and issues timely with the Project officer.
- Other responsibilities consistent with the skills and experiences as assigned by the supervisor
- This position demands 80% of total working hours on field.
Interested candidates are requested to submit their applications with cover letter and updated Curriculum Vitae with at least two references (including previous employer) before by 20th September,2021 email at [email protected]. Please mention the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email and your expected basic salary, joining date and your vehicle license no. in your cover letter.
Karuna Foundation Nepal is an equal opportunity employer. Women, persons with disabilities and persons from disadvantaged groups are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further process. Karuna Foundation Nepal reserves all the rights to reject any or all applications without assigning any reasons. Telephone enquiries will not be entertained.