No. of Vacancies: 01
Location: Kathmandu, Nepal
Employment Type: Contract
Term: Full time for the duration of the project contract
Assistant Project Officer - CPI will support to the Project Officer-CPI for technical quality of all the WaSH intervention and Community Physical Infrastructure. The roll will be responsible for the monitoring of water supply system, sanitation and construction of infrastructure and support to senior officer for the data entry on the database and managing relationships with partner organizations, sectoral key stakeholders including Local Governments
- Excellent computer skills including email, internet and MS Word, Excel, and Power point, with the experience of estimation and designing the project and excellent standard of written and spoken Arabic, English and Nepali.
- Specialization in technical activities related to construction ensuring the efficient and smooth operation of the WaSH and infrastructure development. Sound knowledge of developing plan for the improving the project collate data from the field and partner organization and prepare regular report to submit senior officer and enter on database.
- Plan and carry out need assessments, baseline studies and periodic studies, and feedback findings to communities so as to enable communities to find solutions to WASH-related problems
- Collate data from the communities and local partners and prepare regular reports for submission to senior officer and enter on database system
- Liaise with community leaders and other sectors and agencies working locally in order to coordinate within the WASH sector
- Support preparation of report to Qatar Charity, Doha office weekly, monthly and as needed
- Develop and review project designs to ensure compliance with relevant standards, procedures, and codes.
- Develop and review BoQs and technical specifications
- Ensure that accurate and detailed records of project matters are formulated and kept
- Conduct site assessments and surveys
- Provide on-site technical assistance to contractors or service providers and beneficiaries during the process of implementation, including management of construction activities
- Prepare and submit regular progress reports and work plans to the senior officer
- Carry out other related tasks as directed by the line management
- Bachelor’s Degree in civil engineering
- Two years’ experiences in water, sanitation and construction projects in NGO/INGO
- Excellent understanding of low cost and environment friendly sanitation
- Have excellent understanding of technical drawings
- Working knowledge of Arabic, English and Nepali
- Results focus, good communication and teamwork
- Sound knowledge of technical drawings, Auto Cad, Stad Pro
- Experience in WaSH and construction project
- Knowledge sharing and continuous improvement
- Support the efficient running of Qatar Charity Nepal office, help to identify needs and improve or develop systems where necessary
- Conduct on site investigations and analyze data (maps, reports, tests, drawings and other)
- Monitor progress and compile reports in project status
- Support with database entry and frequent field visit
Interested and eligible candidates are requested to submit their interest letter and CV on [email protected] by 21st September 2019 not later than 17:00.
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for the further selection process. QC Nepal reserves the right to reject any/all applications without assigning any reason whatsoever.