No. of Vacancies: 01
Location: Kathmandu, Nepal
Employment Type: Contract
Term: Full time for the duration of the project contract
The Assistant Finance Officer will support to the Finance Officer for the efficient, compliant and transparent management of finances. The role will be responsible for the monitoring of financial report submitted by the partner organizations and support to finance officer for the data entry on the database and managing relationships with partner organizations meeting the all compliances.
- Excellent computer skills including email, internet, MS Office, with the experience of accounting software and excellent standard of written and spoken Arabic, English and Nepali.
- Specialization in finance or accounting and experience of working in finance, administration and/or procurement in a relevant field in NGOs or INGOs. Sound knowledge of accounting procedures and principles and excellent Microsoft word and excel spreadsheet skills are key attributes.
- Make payments, ensuring compliance with Qatar Charity and donor agency rules and regulations
- Keep accurate and complete records of financial transactions in the computerized accounting system
- Maintain proper filing of vouchers and backup documents and safe storage of cheque books and banking documents
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliation statements and reconcile account balances
- Support preparation of report to Qatar Charity, Doha office weekly, monthly and as needed
- Support preparation of salary sheets, deposits of salaries, taxes and other employment related liabilities
- Procure goods and services, ensuring compliance with Qatar Charity and donor rules and regulations
- Maintain proper inventory records of goods and equipment owned by Qatar Charity and ensure that relevant control systems are in place and complied with
- Closely work with partner organizations’ finance teams on project financial reporting, ensuring accuracy and alignment with approved budgets
- Support the organization and management of statutory audits
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, or business studies or management with specialization in finance or accounting
- Two years of relevant Experience of working in finance, administration and/or procurement in a relevant field in NGOs or INGOs
- Working knowledge of Arabic, English and Nepali.
- Results focus, good communication and teamwork
- Sound knowledge of accounting procedures and principles
- Experience of using accounting software
- Knowledge sharing and continuous improvement
- Support the efficient running of Qatar Charity Nepal office, help to identify needs and improve or develop systems where necessary
- Manage logistic arrangements for project activities and travel
- Ensure that organizational administrative documentation is up-to-date and in place
- Support with administrative and legal procedures
- Help to ensure finance, HR, and operations policies and procedures are available as a central resource to staff and support compliance
- Support in logistics management of training, events and monitoring visits
Interested and eligible candidates are requested to submit their interest letter and CV on [email protected] by 21st September 2019 not later than 17:00.
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for the further selection process. QC Nepal reserves the right to reject any/all applications without assigning any reason whatsoever.