Position: Assistant Engineer
Section: Network Planning & Strategy
Unit: Transport Network
Team: Packet Transport Network
Duty Station: Current requirement is in Kathmandu but can be placed anywhere in Nepal as per business needs and future requirements.
Main responsibility areas:
- Responsible for strategy planning and capacity planning to forecast extension based on company’s strategy and concepts with regards to Data Communications.
- Plan and maintain peering with International and Local Partners (IPT, IXP, NPIX etc.) and implement Internet Load Sharing, Performance Based Routing, Internet security and availability.
- Plan and Optimize internet services to achieve better customer experience (Cache deployment, CDN peering, reduce latencies, etc.)
- Support for preparation of AOPs, technical solutions, specifications and guidelines.
- BCA and BoM preparation for projects, annual operations of responsible domains.
- Responsible for network planning, implementation, upgrades, operation, network security of packet transport network including implementation of IPS protection, DOS/ DDOS defense.
- Internet resource management, public IPV4/IPV6 address space management.
- Network and Security infrastructure planning for CDN, cloud services, video streaming, IOT etc.
- Firewall Operation & Development and DMZ Planning.
- Plan and manage Site2Site and Remote accesses technologies.
- Plan and manage DNS, NTP, FTP, SMTP services.
- Provide Load balancing and HA solutions for services and protection with WAF.
- Organize L2 protection and implement security for wireless and wired networks.
- Wireless development and operation.
- Designing of user/enterprise network and User/enterprise level firewall management.
- Monitoring system and Management systems: SNMP, Syslog, TACACS, Radius, SQL based on *NIX platform.
- Provide high level of network redundancy and availability.
- Implement Multi site (2 sites) reliability and BCP.
- Perform security incident investigation and audit.
- Responsible for up to date architecture/diagram and database of responsible domains.
- Stock/spare management of responsible domain.
- Timely resolution of fault, alarms or other issues escalated by NOC, GSOC on 24x7 basis.
Qualification and experience:
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/ Computer Science/ Computer Application or relevant field with 2 years of relevant experience
- Should have experience in managing and operations of Routers, Switches, firewalls, Security solutions, *NIX platforms.
- Should have experience with Multi-vendor environment like Cisco, Juniper, Extreme networks, F5 networks, Checkpoint, Fortinet, Arbor networks, Nessus, Core impact etc. will be preferred.
- Understands and collates details of situations or problems at work
- Implements agreed initiatives effectively
- Understands linkage of own work beyond his / her area
- Seeks to learn more about other parts of the unit
- Understands impact of own performance on customers
- Understand processes to gather needed information or support
- Adapts to agreed rules to get a job done
- Works on constructive feedback to improve one's work performance
- Excellent knowledge of TCP/IP, OSI networking models along with other routed and routing protocols.
- Proven experience in operating large-scale IP Networks in similar capacity.
- Expertise in service provider routing, switching and Security (BGP, Peering, L2/L3 packet forwarding, WAF, IPS/IDS, DDOS security etc.)
- Expertise in VPN technology and applications (Overlay and P2P model)
- Experience with Firewalls, DNS, Load balancers implementation, troubleshooting, and problem resolution is desired.
- Familiarity with backup and recovery software and methodologies.
- Knowledge of industry wireless technologies and regulatory requirements.
- Excellent knowledge of best practices around management, control, and monitoring of network infrastructures.
- Good knowledge in operation and maintenance of Firewalls and Security solutions like IPS/IDS, DMZ security, DDOS solutions, WAF etc.
- Good understanding of relevant RFCs, recommendations/guidelines of IETF, ITU etc.
- Good network administration and project management skills (Network Diagram tools, CAD, Visio, Project mgmt. tools)
- Confident - ability to work with minimal supervision, Open minded- integrative thinker and Result oriented.
What we offer:
Environment, Performance Management Process, Internal Opportunities,
Ncell Academy, Trainings, Work – Life Balance, Flexible Working
Practices, Competitive Compensation, Festive Bonus, Provident Fund,
Incentives, Leave Travel Allowance, Medical Insurance, Gratuity,
Communication Facilities, etc.
Shortlisting will be done on the basis of your answers and uploaded documents while applying, therefore answer the questions carefully. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Telephone enquiries will not be entertained.