Reports To: Programme Manager, A Level
The A-Level Administrator is responsible for providing all the necessary administrative support to the A-Level programme (students, teachers and staff), executing the A-Level activities/events/ functions/projects, supervising the Administrative Assistant. He/She will provide all the necessary administrative support to the students, parents, teachers, staff and executes the events/functions/projects/activities along the academic year as per the academic calendar or under the directives and guidelines of Programme Manager/Associate Programme Manager, and delegates the more simple tasks to the Administrative Assistant (i.e. daily calls to parents for absences, preparing letters, documents, students’ record, teachers/staff record, reports, completing/monitoring the daily Orbund attendance/record system, reporting system interruptions). He/She will report any relevant incidents related to the A Level programme to the Programme Manager/Associate programme Manager and provide assistance for the resolution. He/She is responsible for ensuring the implementation of the Student Handbook’s policies in compliance with the Staff Handbook, shouldering any other administrative assignments/tasks assigned by Programme Manager/Associate Programme Manager.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Supervises in the Administrative Assistant’s daily activities, including:
- Checking students’ attendance and following up with the parents of absent students.
- Entering the reasons for absence in the Orbund.
- Maintaining students’ records in the Orbund System.
- Maintaining the students/staff/visitors incoming and outgoing records (Logbook) in coordination with the security personnels.
- Arranging appointments for the Programme Manager/Associate Programme Manager with the students, staff and visitors as per their request.
- Preparing and providing all required official letters/documents to the students and maintaining the record.
- Providing medical first aid kit to the students in case of minor ailments/injury whereas making arrangement of medical aid (hospitals) in case of medical emergency with the assistance of the operation/finance department and corresponding about the same to the concerned parents/guardians.
- Helping teachers with printing documents/worksheets/handouts.
- Corresponding with parents, teachers/staff regarding important information via telephone, emails or SMS.
- Providing logistic support for the examinations and various other college functions with the support from the operation/finance department.
- Providing locker facilities to the students and maintaining the record.
- Helping in the process of CAIE registration, internal assessment, grade forecast, coursework as instructed by the Programme Manager/Associate Programme Manager.
- Participating in various in-house/outside training for job-related duties as well as professional development.
- Assisting ECA/CCA Coordinator in ECA/CCA/Sports/Club activities.
- Assisting in transportation/shuttle service arrangement/management.
- Coordinating with various departments in the college for job-related activities.
- Support for new students' enrollment, orientation, and induction activities.
- Monitoring and supervising daily classroom activities, practical classes and reporting about the same to the Programme Manager/Associate Programme Manager.
- Monitoring and tackling disciplinary issues via counseling sessions (sometimes via Happy
- Mind/TBCSCWU) or by reporting to the college disciplinary in case of grave disciplinary offence.
- Provides proactive support for college organized events, tours, ECA/CCA/Sports/Club activities and students’ participation in various invitational events.
- Organizes and schedules A Level meetings, prepares and shares with the team the A-Level meetings’ agenda and minutes in a timely manner under the guidance of Programme
- Manager/Associate Programme Manager.
- Plans and executes all the activities/projects for the A-level programme under the guidance of
- Programme Manager/Associate Programme Manager coordinating with the operation/finance or
- relevant department and ensures that the appropriate/necessary rooms and materials are available for the activities/projects.
- Corresponds and communicates with teachers/staff in job related matters under the guidelines of Programme Manager/Associate Programme Manager.
- Manages the transportation for Students in coordination with the operation/transportation department/.
- Undertakes CAIE registration procedures, grade forecast, coursework and internal assessment.
- Coordinates with the Finance and Admission Department regarding students' bills/invoice, timely payment and scholarship matters.
- Monitors the timely Orbund attendance entry by each teacher and trains any teacher who is not following the standard practice in coordination with the IT department.
- Maintains the leave records/punctuality of the teachers/staff and timely reports to the
- Programme Manager/Associate Programme Manager.
- Preparing invigilation duty roster, examination routine, conducting examinations, collecting answer booklets and marks and making entry to the system for the result preparation.
- Organizing Parents & Teacher Meeting (PTM) and exam result distribution.
- Communicates with students/parents, listens to their concerns and tries to address them immediately. Brings the unresolved issues to the attention of Programme Manager/Associate
- Programme Manager and provides assistance for the resolution.
- Provides higher studies and career guidance to the students.
- Facilitates students with the issuance of recommendation letters, character certificates, transcripts, electronic result, statement of result, general certificate of education, no objection letter and other relevant documents/letters as per the request and maintain the record of the same.
- Informs the IT-related issues to the IT department immediately and follows up until the problems are resolved.
- Actively participates in the planning and implementation of yearly calendar and yearly events by providing assistance to the Programme Manager/Associate Programme Manager and ECA/CCA Coordinator. .
- Assists the Programme Manager/Associate Programme Manager and operation/finance Mdepartment for yearly budgeting on different events/projects/functions of A Level programme.
- Provides assistance to the Admissions department in transitioning the admitted students to the A Level programme.
Note: This job description sets out the main responsibilities but is not intended to be an exhaustive list. Specific duties may change from time to time without changing the general nature of the post and the associate is expected to be flexible in the range of responsibilities s/he undertakes.